Question

Custom event

Badge +4

I have created ‘ comment’ as a custom field in Purchase requisition screen , I need to create 

a custom event to copy the comments on the Purchase order header from Purchase requisition  header when converting PR to PO . similarly to display the comments on Request for purchase order screen from purchase requisition header screen when converting from PR to RPQ . Can someone please help me with it . I tried creating events but no idea how to copy those comments on conversion .

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi,

you have to create event action under ‘Execute online SQL’ and define the conditions for performing that action.

Badge +3

If you want to just showcase the Comment, then its better to put it as a read only field that will be more convinent and easy for you.

Badge +4

Hi , 

Thanks for replying 

I created some SQL commands but when I was trying in that Purchase requisition page , I got error like contact Administrator . 

What could be the issue there.

Badge +3

can u share the command code. seems somthing wrong in your code.

Badge +4

Unfortunately , The Environment I was working on got restarted yesterday ,The event got deleted .

But what possibly could be the commands .

I  remember giving the commands like  select Comments  Purchase requisition CFT and Insert into PO table .

Badge +4

SELECT CF$_COMMENT FROM PURCHASE_REQUISITION_CFT
INNER JOIN PURCHASE_ORDER_CFT
ON PURCHASE_REQUISITION_CFT.CF$_COMMENT= PURCHASE_ORDER_CFT.CF$_COMMENT;