Solved

Work Order Error - Inventory part in Stock does not exist

• 21 July 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

There is a work Order Connected to Project. In the Materials tab, I change the Suppy Code from Project Inventory to Invent Order, and We have an option to create Purchase Requisition (Create Multiple Purchase Requisition Lines). PR is converted to PO and while at the time of Receiving the PO, we are getting the Error Message: Inventory Part in Stock does not exist.

Any help in this regard is appreciated.

icon

Best answer by Nethmini Kosvinna 25 July 2022, 07:46

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hi @venkikashyap ,

Same behavior was observed in the latest IFSAPP10 . 
In order to understand your requirement , could you please elaborate more on your business process here ? What is the requirement you have, to change the supply code to Invent Order?

Kindly provide more information.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Nethmini

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

The business Process is - WO / Work Task is Connected to Project. In the Work Order I change the Supply code to consume from Standard Inventory. Once the Supply code is changed from Project Inventory to Invent Order, System should not give an option for the User to generate PR (Only for the reason that Since the Supply Code is Invent Order, Should should consume the Stock from Standard Inventory).

In the present System this option is available and if PR is generated, and PR is Converted to PO (It also carries WO / Work Task along with the Project Connection in PO line), this will again go to Project Inventory and will not consume from Standard Inventory if we are in a position to receive the Stock (Currently we are unable to receive the stock and getting the above error).

Since we now have an option to generate PR even for Supply code Invent Order, why is this option given? and how will be flow be? and what is the end result?

BR/Venkat

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @venkikashyap,

I just checked this in IFS10UPD10 and there it works as expected.

So when you have set it to Project Inventory, it is possible to create a purchase requisition

When you set it to invent order, it is not possible.

Which UPD are you in?

BR,

Robert

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi @venkikashyap,

I just checked this in IFS10UPD10 and there it works as expected.

So when you have set it to Project Inventory, it is possible to create a purchase requisition

When you set it to invent order, it is not possible.

Which UPD are you in?

BR,

Robert

Hi Robert,

I have tested this in IFS Applications 10 UPD 15, and getting this error.

Am getting the same error also in Aurena  version as below:

BR/Venkat

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hi @venkikashyap ,

There are 2 RMB s for creation of Purchase Requisition Line/Lines.

1. Created Purchase Requisition Line
  2. Create Multiple Purchase Requisition Lines

For the reported scenario Created Purchase Requisition Line RMB is  correctly disabled. Therefore the RMB Create Multiple Purchase Requisition Lines also should be disabled to align with the Created Purchase Requisition Line RMB .

Please raise a case to IFS Support, to address the above issue. 
Thanks for bringing up the issue 😊

Best Regards,

Nethmini