Solved

what could be the reason behind blank object ID in Auto generated WOs.

• 10 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi Everyone, hope you are well today.

Basically, I wanted information about the relations between PM action, WO, and WT. I am aware that in IFS 10 there is a direct relation of PM with the work task. so my question here is on the work order screen(being a principal screen) why is the object ID not being considered which appears to be blank sometimes? 

Can I please get to know any solid reason why the automatically generated WO does not have an object ID in it however WT has an object which is totally fine.

BR 

BT

icon

Best answer by FNSMITHUN 10 July 2023, 09:16

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Hashmit ,

From APP 10 the route work order concept is removed, and new function of PM group & merge concepts are brought in to group the PM actions. So, when you use grouping of PM action functionality the auto-generated work order for the grouped PM’s doesn’t have the reference of the object ID in the work order as work order can hod the reference of only one object but the reference to object ID will be seen against the work task as work tasks are created for each PM’s of that group. If you use merge functionality the object reference will be moved to work task step as only one work task is created with work steps for merged PM’s

But when work orders are autogenerated for the non-grouped PM’s, then you can see the object id refence in work orders. From APP 10 all the work execution are done against the work task and work orders hold the information of the work tasks.

Hope this helps!!

Regards,

Mithun K V

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@Hashmit ,

Additional to what @EqeMithuV has mentioned:

What is the reason why Rule Id is filled. This field is meant for grouping Work tasks on one Work Order. So there can be multiple Work task for multiple objects for one work order. 

Maybe your customer is using this field for other reasons then grouping work tasks.

So if you leave the fields related to the group and merge functionality empty, the Object will be filled on the work order as well.

Good luck

Robert

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi @EqeMithuV @EqeRobertK thank you so much for your explanations. It was helpful.