Solved

PM action already exist error message

• 23 May 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hello All!

When I create a new PM on AURENA, I get a message “PM action already exists” all the time. When I create a PM action through IEE, the same error message is pointing to a PM number with a revision past number.

The highest PM number is 151. When I reiterate the record, this PM number increases by a unit.

Thank to yur help.

icon

Best answer by Dilini Arandara 23 May 2023, 17:21

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

This error normally occurs, when the sequence PCM_COUNTER_PM_SEQ is lower than the maximum number of the PM in the system.

Possible reasons for the issue to occur is if the user is using another way (data migration etc..) to create PM actions and also manually feeding the PM no without using the sequence. 

As per the solution you need to change the PCM_COUNTER_PM_SEQ to max value of the pmno+1 from database. If you are using any migration jobs to create PMs then you need to change the pm no to fetch from the sequence. If you are  giving pm no manually then you can use the query Select MAX(PM_NO) from pm_action_tab; to fetch the next pm_no value to give and you need to update the sequence also for the next value otherwise error may occur repeatedly.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @Dilini Arandara 

Can you tell me where can I find the PCM_COUNTER_PM_SEQ?

Thank you

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi again @Dilini Arandara 

Is it possible to solve this issue from IEE but not through PLSQL?

Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi, you can find it from database side. Check the next number for this PCM_COUNTER_PM_SEQ and compare it with the maximum PM number using the query given in my answer above. Then edit the next number of PCM_COUNTER_PM_SEQ accordingly as explained before.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi, You have to solve this through plsql.