Solved

Report schdeuling SU5

• 15 September 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge +6

We got SP5 installed in our UAT . 

• created a BI report and it dispays the data correctly in the app.
  • but doesnt send when schedule to send email

can someone suggest a work around ?

icon

Best answer by Phil Seifert 15 September 2023, 10:19

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi,

I have seen cases where mails are not relayed by the mail server when they were posted without a sender email address defined in the Miscellaneous I module.

Also check your smtp settings in the global.xml using configuration editor that it is correct for your mail server. Or at least confirm you can send mail from communication center. This is to rule out your mail server is not accepting any mails from the application.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi,

Another possibility to check is if the Astea Batchmanager service is running or perhaps recycle it. Do you see in the Batch Manager Schedule Queue any information about the batch job running?

Badge +6

Excellent Thanks Phill !!. I enabled Astea workflow task executor service and now can see the batch manager Queue 

Badge +6

Excellent Thanks Phill !!. I enabled Astea workflow task executor service and now can see the batch manager Queue 

Got off tracked in other stuff…. so Can see the no history of last run or any errors to troublshoot what is wrong ? any  sugesstion ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi,

This screen should show you a list of execution times and whether it was successful or not. Errors encountered during the process are indicated but not detailed.

i normally note what time the batch runs and review the event log for the profile around that time to get more information about the errors.

The fact there are no rows displayed here indicate the scheduled job did not execute at all.

If the Astea Batch Manager service is running, I would stop/start it on the server. Review the profile event log for any errors which might indicate the bu_Batchmanager user could not login as the password is invalid.

If that is the case, the jobs can not run in general. To fix that, I use password initialization in the Alliance UI to reset it to a value that is temporary,, go to Employees Security to open the record for the user, reset the password by clicking on the blue lock icon.  This will ask you for the current password and now you can insert the password you want instead of the temporary password. Atter this, click save and then using the configuration editor, you need to set the new password there in the batch manager section. Restart the service. This way, the UI set it in the database and the service retrieves the login credentials from the global.xml.

Badge +6

Thanks Phil  ,  Finally got it fixed..