Solved

Profile identification Employee Web Portal

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

In the Astea Client we can see the client name in the client header:

We have many users (back office and customer service) that will have several (currently 2, more to come) instances of Astea open at the same time. Is there a way to differenciate this in the Employee Web Portal? We are currently ion 15.2, but will move to 15.4 in the near future. 

Ideally I would like to add the Profile name and/or a logo. And have the banner colour be different per profile 

icon

Best answer by Phil Seifert 1 July 2022, 14:54

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Bjørn,

A related question to yours was asked earlier in Community but it was for environments, not profiles.

How can we change the colours of Alliance headers? | IFS Community

Unfortunately, we do not have functionality to change the logos or colors on the Web Employee Portal in general which also means we do not have such to differentiate per profile either on the same environment.

This would be a change request / RFE to develop.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Thanks, Phil. I will send in a request. This is like going back to v10 all over again… We plan to have 4 live profiles + various UAT environments - and without even a hint as of what profile the user is accessing disaster is looming

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Ok, though I know it is not always visible, the Web Employee Portal has a menu in the upper right which contains information about the client.  It is the three vertical dots…. Click on the About.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Thanks, Phil. Not sufficient, I am afraid. request posted

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Bjørn,

Perhaps we can use Customizer to create new titles or edit existing titles to display something specific on key modules like service order, customer support, customer contracts.

If you go to the module, open a record, use customizer on the main screen for the module and then choose title editor…  This would at least allow you to place some text at the top of the screen which might help.  It won’t be colors or logo but should help and Customizer changes are on the profile level.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Bjørn,

Here is an example of what I meant by my previous reply.  I added a label in bold on the service order module.  If you do this, it should be done for each module you think you might need the gentle reminder.  Again, as mentioned in the answer it is not possible to change colors or logo via the application on a profile basis.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi Phil,

Thanks - it will propbaly work as an intermediate solution. But I would like something permanent for all our different profiles...

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Our UAT version had a yellow logo while our DEV version had the green. it helped very much! 

Yellow
Green

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Megan,

I believe you are showing the Astea Browser which is not the same thing as the Web Employee Portal where the initial question was raised.  The Web Employee Portal  does not have the functionality to change the logo on the web page nor adapt the colors of the banner.

For the Astea Browser, your solution is a good one and is what Bjørn was trying to see if we could do with the Web Employee Portal.

Thank you for your information.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi Megan,

I believe you are showing the Astea Browser which is not the same thing as the Web Employee Portal where the initial question was raised.  The Web Employee Portal  does not have the functionality to change the logo on the web page nor adapt the colors of the banner.

For the Astea Browser, your solution is a good one and is what Bjørn was trying to see if we could do with the Web Employee Portal.

Thank you for your information.

Hi Phil 

Yes, i missed that part as i rarely use the web portal. Apologies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

I have played around a bit in v15.2, and found 3 indicators that can be useful:

1. the URL (of course)
  2. adding a profile pic
  3. doing a mouse over the log-off button displays the profile name