Question

How to add/remove/control search criteria in module QBEs

• 27 October 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

Hi Experts,

I would like to know how to control the visibility of search criteria fields of the module QBEs. For example, if I want to add/hide any fields for some users, how can I control it in Alliance V14. Thank you.

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi Kalpani,

Have you tried creating an Organization View and customize it via Alliance Customizer tool using the Alliance Browser?

Please refer page 87. (Section 3.12 Organization Views) of the attached document Customizing Astea Alliance for more information.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Also, if you do not want users to override the Organizational View that you created, you will have to disable Personalization for those user profiles in the Employee Security Module.

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hi,

I believe it can only be done by an individual user.  The Security Setup module can be used to control it only for the maintenance screens, but not for the QBE screens.

To add a field, click the ‘Criteria’ icon.  

To hide a field, clicking on the target column shows the ‘Remove’ option.

Regards,

Susie

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

Hi @Pranavan Paranthaman and @Susie Yao 

Thanks much for your inputs. But the requirement is like below.

Let’s assume we have order locator QBE. By default 37 search criteria available in that QBE in standard version.

1. My requirement is to add 5 more fields to the search criteria which are not available in the standard for one user.
  2. Next requirement is to remove 5 standard search criteria and they should not even appear under “criteria” button for another user.

To achieve this do I have to go for a customization. Thank you. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

If you add a new custom field to the maintenance screen via Customizer, it will appear on the QBE criteria automatically in V15.  (Still, this will appear for all users.)

Other than that, I believe it requires customizations by IFS.

Regards,

Susie