Solved

Filters (Scheduling) - List on criteria expected

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi,

Customer wants to create a new filter, in Dispatch Console, based on some contracts.

He has created a new “filter Activities”, column Name “Contract Number”, set operator as “In” and then, expected the list of the contracts to select them. But there is no list. Do you know why ?

Then he has entered manually “Contract_1;Contract_2”, saved. Using this filter in Dispatch console is not concluant. No result.

I did some tests and had to set operator as “Like” or 2 lines with “=” as operator and “OR” as logical to make it works.

What are your recommandations ? 

Alliance V15.1.0.12

icon

Best answer by Phil Seifert 30 January 2023, 09:21

View original

22 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Laurence,

I have not looked into this one but did you also try comma separators instead of semi-colon?  I know most of Europe uses semi-colons instead of commas but sometimes there are things that revert to using standard US type definitions.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi Phil,

Yes, I tried as well with coma with the same result : doesn’t work…

Laurence

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Laurence,

I checked this functionality with R&D and it is not possible to use the IN operator for this filter:

The filter by Contract Number cannot use IN operator because the contract lookup does not allow multiple contracts selection.

If the for an ‘IN’ functionality for contract filter is required, please log new ticket with request to change Contract Number lookup (RFE) from singe- to multi-selection lookup.

Otherwise, the only option is the one which you are already using to set up multiple OR lines in a grouping.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

In addition, customer asks why this is not a list of contract here... indeed, you’ve talked about a lookup but actually, it is not. Just an empty field where you can type in… Any improvment possible ? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

What R&D is saying is that on a given order/activity, there can only be one contract thus when you do a contract lookup in those modules, you can only select one contract, not select a series of contracts.

What they are also saying is that if you want to use this more like the IN operator seen with SQL, this is a change that has to be requested and ticket logged.  There was no design to use a list of contracts in the filter as only one contract can be selected.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi Phil,

Yes, understood anyway is it possible to have a lookup here instead of typing enterily the contrat number ? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Laurence,

This would require a code change to implement so technically it would be possible however IFS does not have any plans to modify this code so the long answer is no, not at this time.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi Phil,

Thank you. However, I have to inform you that the customer is very unstaisfied with this answer and expects a solution. Any suggestion ? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Laurence,

Which version is the customer using that does not have a lookup for the Filter Activities - Customer Number?

Reason I am asking is that I see in our QAC environment which is basically the release of 15.4 SU4 there is a lookup button for the customer contracts in the filter definition:

Astea Browser:

Web Employee Portal:

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi Phil,

Good news ! Unfortunately, customer is in V15.1.0.12.

Any chance a HF would be provided for that version ? 

Thank you

Laurence

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

HI Laurence,

I am checking on that aspect of it. The next HF for v15.1 is HF14 tentatively scheduled for around end of March.  Whether this would be available with that or not, I don’t know but have asked.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi Phil,

Do you have any input on this topic please ? Do you know if March-HF will include this ? 

Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Laurence,

I received a response that this will not be added to v15.1 as that is now on extended support which means only critical and high severity bugs will be fixed.

This can be developed by your developers to add a lookup to the v15.1 version as this is not a framework issue and your company has the associated source code.

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hi Phil

It seems this ticket is relevant to me as well. I am using standard IFS filter but cant select multiple values. If I use 2 competencies together, I get no results while I get when I use them individually.

Any way how I can get multiple selection?

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Your screen looks like you are using IFS Apps, PSO or IFS Cloud, not Alliance which this specific forum group is Alliance only.  I am not involved with these products myself so do not have the expertise to advise you correctly.

Alliance does not have the fields in your screen such as Competency, Resource Group, etc.

How did you populate the search criteria?  Manually typing or selecting both within the Find option?  If the latter and it populates the same way as shown with a semi-colon separator, I would say this is an issue that should be logged as a ticket with your IFS Support resources.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this were Alliance, I would think it necessary to use them individually with OR statements in a filter design.

Example with Skills on the Filter SAs:

If you have other conditions that also must be mean, you may have to insert an AND between each of the OR lines such as this:  (I have NOT tested this but parenthesis grouping is not available)

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hi Phil

yes this is cloud & I used the Find option for search criteria. I have raised the ticket but it is pending since 10 days.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

HI @anushakh,

I see you also posted this same question today in the proper group for your IFS Cloud which has already received a response:

multiple criteria in dispatch filters | IFS Community

Hopefully, you will get the assistance you need from that channel.

@Laurence DEBRIE, have you discussed with your company enhancing the Alliance 15.1 code for the change you need as indicated above?

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi Phil,

At this time customer doesn’t want us to spend time on this, as it could be implemented in a comming HF.

Laurence

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Laurence,

This will not be coming in a later HF for Alliance v15.1.  Please see this response provided earlier in this topic chain:

I received a response that this will not be added to v15.1 as that is now on extended support which means only critical and high severity bugs will be fixed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Laurence,

Alliance SU5 was released today and has the capability of using multiple contracts in the filter now.  You may want to consider upgrading your v15.1 customer to v15.4 SU5.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi @Phil Seifert 

Would you mind us to send the what’s new SU5 ?
I didn’t find it here  : https://community.ifs.com/alliance-version-15-211
maybe i could find it elsewhere ?

Thanks and Regards

anthony

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Anthony,

I have attached the SU5 What’s New document.

Kind regards,

Phil