Solved

DSE Penalty Offset from SLA

• 12 August 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi,

In the DSE session > Default we have the Penalty Offset from SLA

In the documentation we have this definition.

Penalty Offset from SLA  – This defines when the penalty comes into force. In the session this is a percentage with a range of -100 (negative) to 100 (positive), where 0 means the penalties start at the end of the primary SLA and 100 means that penalties start at the open time. This gives some flexibility if we want to start penalties accruing before the SLA expires, but without having to create artificial SLAs.

Could you explain the meaning if it’s set on -100 ?

Thanks and Regards

icon

Best answer by Phil Seifert 12 August 2022, 11:18

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Anthony,

Reading this description as supplied, if you have the penalty offset from SLA set to -100, this should mean penalties due not start accruing until twice the SLA period has been reached. So my understanding is assuming you have an SLA of 24 hours:

100 - start penalty calculation from open time of the order

0 - start penalty calculation at the end of the SLA (24 hours)

-100 - start penalties from SLA duration x 2 thus 48 hours (24 + 24)

I thought the normal range was from 0 to 100 myself but perhaps this changed in later version so you have more flexibility to handle the non-urgent calls for example that you want to get done but don’t want to conflict with higher urgency or priority work.

This option is to define the starting points where the penalties should start calculation.