Solved

Close bulk service order without sending email to customer

• 31 August 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

The user wanted to close the 300+ old service orders in bulk but did not want to send an email to the customer for the same.

We have created the import for bulk service orders but are not sure how to prevent sending emails to customers from that.

Thanks in advance for your help.

icon

Best answer by Phil Seifert 31 August 2023, 21:48

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Firdosh,

This is hard to say exactly what you can do without knowing if the emails are generated by an escalation rule, a customization your company added to the code or if it is something driven by the workflow (service) on resolve.

More details about the source of the mail sending is needed to answer this effectively.  I know you are looking to prevent the mails from going out but probably don’t want them to stop going out for other customer orders not involved in the import.

If it were from the workflow (service), you could wait for after hours and then disable the send message.

But if you have an escalation rule doing this, you would probably have to modify that rule to not send emails, run the import, modify it back to send emails.  Or if you review the escalation rule data query if it is keying on a transaction log entry (many escalation rules to send mails are set up this way to only send one mail out for periodic runs of the escalation rule), you might insert a transaction log entry that indicates the service order was already processed by the escalation rule.

You can also look to see if you can modify or create an import for the service orders that removes the email address from the service order - billing & misc - communications section:

Hopefully, these give you some ideas but I strongly suggest you test solutions on UAT first before just trying it on your Production environment.  I probable would go with the remove email addresses from the communication section of the service order billing & misc page myself, if possible.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hello @Phil Seifert ,

Thank you so much for your quick response.

We are checking on your suggestion and update you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Firdosh,

Did any of these help your situation?

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hello @Phil Seifert ,

Thank you for your response and direction.
We have successfully completed the task.