Question

Call Routing through Customer Return

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

I would like to use the call routing feature through Customer Return to generate a repair order for items being received. I am getting the following error. I have tried various return reason/action combinations and various inventory types on expected products. Please advise what this error is referring to or if there are specific settings required for a customer return in order to use this feature. 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi Leann,

This validation message means that the repair order is trying to use a destination inventory type that is defined as “Regular” inventory whereas the item on the header is in “Customer-owned” inventory.  If you complete the return to bring the item back into regular inventory, can you then create a Repair Order?  If that doesn’t work, or is not what you want to do, you may need to log a support ticket so that it can be investigated further.

Thanks,
Andrew  

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

@Andrew D'Antonio That’s what we are doing now, just looking for a way to generate both ahead of time, thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi Leann,

If you’re still not able to get it to work, please log a support ticket so we can determine whether there’s an issue or something that needs to be configured.  I’m not sure just by the screenshot why the validation is occurring and would need to dig into it further.

Thanks,
Andrew