Solved

IFS Update Analyzer

• 18 November 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Dear community

I want to hear some advice from you about IFS update.

One of our customer is considering IFS Apps9 update from Update 6 to Update 17.

To reduce some cost, we will run Update Analyzer and skip detailed verification of the files resulted "No Impact" by Analyzer.

[Need advice]

Could you tell me about risk factors of skipping detailed verification on "No Impact" files ?

For example, some factors might need to be verified anyway because they are out of scope of Update Analyzer.

Or maybe, somebody could tell me about actual problems in update caused by skipping/reducing verifications on "No Impact" files.

I heard that a similar tool for other ERP software was too loose and failed to catch many "Impacted" parts in its analysis.

I believe IFS Update Analyzer is much tighter but I wonder how can I trust on it.

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Deepthi Hambange 23 November 2021, 09:13

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi,

‘No impact’  files in any layer is something you can skip. No need to verify them again. We at IFS purely based on the High and low impact files when applying updates.

Unfortunately there can be a situation where no impact files has a impact due to below reasons.

• Wrong practices followed when doing the developments (Ex: when there are override and overtake annotations are missing in the ext and cust layer those methods will not be properly analyzed.)
  • Developments done in the wrong layers is also a risk as they will not be correctly analyzed.

Issues coming due to above practices will be identified when building and installing the UPD. 

It is highly recommended to do testing for the impacted CRIMs to avoid errors.

BR,

Deepthi

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Dear Deepthi-san,

Thank you for your information. It will be helpful for us.

Please tell me one more.

For CRIM, should I refer to the attached file?

Please let me know if you have good documentation.

Best Regars,

Junko Iwahashi

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi,

This document is not very familiar to me.

Please refer below post which will help you to understand more about the topic.

BR,

Deepthi

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi Again,

Impacted CRIM handling will be a pure manual work. You need to identify the impact manually by looking at the diff change given in the update analyzer tool and develop it in the correct way to compatible to the new UPD changes.

BR,
Deepthi

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi Deepthi-san,

I understand. Thank you for your kind answer.

BR,

Junko Iwahashi