Solved

IFS 10 Upd 9 and Windows 10 20H2

• 12 November 2020
  • 12 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Anyone already did the Windows 10 Update 20H2 released a few weeks ago and faced problems with IFS 10 Upd 9 ? Any word when it will be certified by IFS ?  

icon

Best answer by Kasun Balasooriya 10 December 2020, 14:20

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

No we haven’t upgraded to 20H2 yet on workstations although I have upgrade a couple non-IFS computers. What sorts of issues are happening?

If there are problems I’d rather put a block on the update until its resolved.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

I have it only my laptop and so far I have not experienced any problems …. but we certainly want to be “in compliance with IFS” at all time …..

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi,

RnD is currently in the process of testing 20H2. However, all the relevant product groups needs to complete testing before we state it as officially supported. It should be completed within 3 weeks.

Thanks,

Kasun

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi,

RnD has now certified Windows 10 version 20H2 as of APPS10 Update10 and APPS9 Update17.

Thanks,

Kasun

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Is there an updated overview about compatibility between IFS EE client versions and Windows client version.

Does this list also contain the planned certification dates for future versions of IFS and Windows as both systems are frequently offering updates. This is important for planning of updates.

Thanks

Johannes

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Windows 10 version 20H2 has been certified

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Is there an updated overview about compatibility between IFS EE client versions and Windows client version.

Does this list also contain the planned certification dates for future versions of IFS and Windows as both systems are frequently offering updates. This is important for planning of updates.

Thanks

Johannes

You can check the supported platforms for APP 10 in this link
https://ifs.sharepoint.com/sites/ProductSupportedPlatforms/SitePages/IFS-Applications-10-Supported-Platforms.aspx

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

I have no access to this link.

https://ifs.sharepoint.com/sites/ProductSupportedPlatforms/SitePages/IFS-Applications-10-Supported-Platforms.aspx

Could someone provide me the compatiblity to:

Windows 10 21H1 and Oracle 19.11

Thank you

Regards

Michael

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

I have no access to this link.

Could someone provide me the compatiblity to:

Windows 10 21H1 and Oracle 19.11

Thank you

Regards

Michael

I found 21H1 is supported with APPS10 SP12

What about Oracle 19.11?

Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi,

RnD has now certified Windows 10 version 20H2 as of APPS10 Update10 and APPS9 Update17.

Thanks,

Kasun

@Kasun Balasooriya @Nimaz Sheik this certification means even the customized IFS flows should not be affected after that windows update. Is this understanding correct? 

The question is due to this. We have a certain customization that stopped working recently. Our IFS Channel partner took ages to investigate, but fixed it ultimately. When we asked for the root cause their reply was the below, which is very annoying and vague. 

Next time we do want to proactively stop another windows update removing this customization rather than having to rely on this channel partner. What do you think should our approach should be? 

We are running App10 UPD9 and have IFS Gold level support by the way. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi,

Thanks,

Kasun

@Kasun Balasooriya @Nimaz Sheik this certification means even the customized IFS flows should not be affected after that windows update. Is this understanding correct? 

The question is due to this. We have a certain customization that stopped working recently. Our IFS Channel partner took ages to investigate, but fixed it ultimately. When we asked for the root cause their reply was the below, which is very annoying and vague. 

Next time we do want to proactively stop another windows update removing this customization rather than having to rely on this channel partner. What do you think should our approach should be? 

We are running App10 UPD9 and have IFS Gold level support by the way. 

Hi Enzo,

I apologize I lack the knowledge to give you a proper response, but yes your understanding is correct that customized  IFS flows will not be affected by windows update.

Hopefully someone with more experience can provide a better solution

Best regards,
Nimaz

Badge +3

Thanks

Johannes

You can check the supported platforms for APP 10 in this link

What should I do to get access to this file? I want to check compability for Windows 10 version 21H2