from where i can find guide to upgrade ifs 10 upd 8 to UPD 11 

or

guide to install UPD

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hi @yasirsardar,

I would like to know if you are looking for the UPD Installation Instruction Document which is sent along with the UPD delivery.

If so, once you receive the UPD release from UPD8 to UPD11 relevant to the delivery, you can find the Installation Instruction Document in the .zip file of the release which is uploaded to FTP location.

Please note that the UPD Installation Instruction document is specific to that particular delivery of the customer and it contains information on the delivery content and relevantdeployment information.

Cheers,

Priyanjala 

Badge +2

i got it - thanks 

only question while installing upd 11 i have to select only the script inside the below 

E:\IFS\Deliveries\UPD11\2021-03\InstallationFiles_2021-03\manualdeploy\database\pm

OR i have to select script in below locations also for installation one by one 

E:\IFS\Deliveries\UPD11\2021-03\InstallationFiles_2021-03\manualdeploy\database\callc

E:\IFS\Deliveries\UPD11\2021-03\InstallationFiles_2021-03\manualdeploy\database\fndcob

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

All the scripts under manualdeploy folder needs to be run one by one, through the File Executor option in installer.cmd

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hi @yasirsardar ,

The POST scripts found under the folders manualdeploy\database\pm, manualdeploy\database\callc and manualdeploy\database\fndcob relevant to your delivery need to be executed through the File Executor once the UPD delivery is installed. 

The purpose of these scripts are provided in the Installation Instruction document. 

You can start the installation wizard with “installer.cmd” and Select the “File Executor”. Then browse for the POST scripts and execute. Further information could be found in the Installation Instruction Document.

Thanks,

Priyanjala

Badge +2

thanks for your reply.

what i understood from your answer is that these all three scripts using file executor will be run after the  UPD update. am i right? 

UPD update is like a delivery and it will be installed from installer.cmd and then select “install delivery” and give below path of UPD on my server 

E:\IFS\Deliveries\UPD11\2021-03\InstallationFiles_2021-03

is this correct. 

next screen database import and deploy i have to keep checked  “import report items”- “import lobby items”   that can overwrite the existing custom lobbies and report.

please confirm my above understanding.

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hi @yasirsardar,

Once the installation of the UPD delivery (installer.cmd  → Install Delivery) is successfully completed, you need to run the above mentioned POST scripts one at a time using the File Executor.

Thanks,

Priyanjala

Badge +2

thanks for ur help