Solved

Error deploying file enable_rowkey.SQL - Database object has been discarded, trying to execute the statement again

• 14 October 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi experts,

I've found below installation error after deploying Apps9 UPD17. I shut down the server using stop_all_servers.cmd script just before the Execute step. But still I get the same error. 

!!!Error deploying file enable_rowkey.SQL at 11-OCT-21 12:10:42

!!!Error executing COMMAND

Database object has been discarded, trying to execute the statement again.

ORA-00900: invalid SQL statement

Can anyone give a suggestion for this error?

icon

Best answer by Kalana Rathnayake 11 November 2021, 08:25

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @Kalana Rathnayake,

As per the knowledge search results when you encounter this error,

They have recommended to re-build the UPD and then to run the installation. Before the execute step as you have mentioned, all servers should be stopped using “stop_all_servers.cmd”.

Note: Make sure to restore the backups.

You can refer G2140483-A-700 for more information.

Best Regards,
Bhagya

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @Kalana Rathnayake ,

I would like to add few information to @Bhagya Wickramasinghe . During the installation, install_tem file will check whether there are any disabled rowkeys available via Install_Tem_SYS.Disabled_Rowkey_Exist. Please check whether it returns 1. Also in Apps 9 in default rowkey is enabled. But if there are any changes made into the Database this error might arise.

Also there is a Pre-installation script PRE_FNDBAS_UpdateRowkeyColumns.sql involves with rowkey update. Kindly check whether you have executed it before the installation. As for the case G2140483-A, while applying the update I did not get this Pre-script listed in Installation Instructions document. 

Hope this will help.

Best Regards,

Anjaleen

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @Kalana Rathnayake,

As per the knowledge search results when you encounter this error,

They have recommended to re-build the UPD and then to run the installation. Before the execute step as you have mentioned, all servers should be stopped using “stop_all_servers.cmd”.

Note: Make sure to restore the backups.

You can refer G2140483-A-700 for more information.

Best Regards,
Bhagya

Hi @Bhagya Wickramasinghe ,

Thank you very much for your answer. :slight_smile: 

Yes, I did this one. but still I got the same error. 

Best Regards,
Kalana

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @Kalana Rathnayake ,

I would like to add few information to @Bhagya Wickramasinghe . During the installation, install_tem file will check whether there are any disabled rowkeys available via Install_Tem_SYS.Disabled_Rowkey_Exist. Please check whether it returns 1. Also in Apps 9 in default rowkey is enabled. But if there are any changes made into the Database this error might arise.

Also there is a Pre-installation script PRE_FNDBAS_UpdateRowkeyColumns.sql involves with rowkey update. Kindly check whether you have executed it before the installation. As for the case G2140483-A, while applying the update I did not get this Pre-script listed in Installation Instructions document. 

Hope this will help.

Best Regards,

Anjaleen

Hi @Anjaleen Davidson ,

Thank you very much for your valuable answer. :slight_smile: 

There was no pre-installation scripts available in the manual deploy folder.
As you said, we have to edit Install_tem file before the installation 

Best Regards,
Kalana

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Find the best answer from this community post