Question

Apps9 to Apps10 upgrade - Is re-configuration difficult?

• 15 April 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

We are looking to upgrade from IFS Apps 9 to Apps 10.

We have quite a lot of configuration, which i fear will fail after the update scripts have been applied (Am thinking due to view name changes)

Has anyone been through the process of upgrading, did you need a lot of consultant time or were you able reconfigure yourself?

Also, how easy is it to then uplift pages into Aurena?

Am thinking of the future, we have quite good skills in house, but with over 3000+ custom objects I worry we will have to budget for developer time so want to get my house in order

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

Our experience from V8 to V9 was that there was a ton of rework to upgrade our configurations, not sure of the count, but it was months to uplift everything, but we handled it in house.

V9 to V10 I wouldn’t surprised if is similar, just as you suspect due to view name changes and clearing of grants.

We expect an IEE to Aurena upgrade to be 10x harder as nearly everything has to be re-done.  There is no porting over at this time that we know of but we are at the beginning of investigating a V9 to IFS Cloud upgrade and what we are finding is that it is going to be the toughest upgrade we’ve attempted and expect it will need a team double our current size.