Question

Apps 8 to 10 - Facilities Management

• 27 March 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hello,

We are considering an update from IFS Apps 8 to 10 and would be interested to receive guidance, feedback and lessons learned for companies using a similar industry and setup as ourselves. 

We are a FM company so the emphasis is very much on the service side of IFS.

We currently use the majority of Service and Maintenance module including Mobile Work Orders, 360/PSO, Route Work Orders and standard Work Orders. 

In addition business support modules are also used Procurement, Financials, HR and Payroll.

We have a fair few custom objects (Fields, Menus, Events) that have been developed over the last 4 years in addition to supporting custom Oracle APIs. 

Anyone who feels they cover all or some of the above areas and has gone through the upgrade or in progress, please can you share your thoughts

Many thanks

Shaun

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@tibsltd - Can you suggest anyone who has made this move?

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

SHAUN_KERSLAKE,

I know that between IFS9 and 10 there have been major changes with the introduction of tasks (and tasksteps) that are connected to a work order. I would make sure to understand that fully. If possible migrate via 9 to 10 and see how the tasks might need some attention before going live.

These tasks might also influence the mobile work orders. Hence that new software has to be pushed out to MWO users.

I have no idea to what extend the tasks are incorporated in PSO for IFS10. You better ask assistance from your IFS area/account manager.

Succes,

Steve

Userlevel 7

SHAUN_KERSLAKE,

I know that between IFS9 and 10 there have been major changes with the introduction of tasks (and tasksteps) that are connected to a work order. I would make sure to understand that fully. If possible migrate via 9 to 10 and see how the tasks might need some attention before going live.

These tasks might also influence the mobile work orders. Hence that new software has to be pushed out to MWO users.

I have no idea to what extend the tasks are incorporated in PSO for IFS10. You better ask assistance from your IFS area/account manager.

Succes,

Steve

As you say, there are some major differences between Apps8/9 and 10, especially in the SM/Maintenance area. You now have Work Orders, Work Tasks and Work Assignments, which gives you a lot more flexibility.

Each work task can hold work task steps (which replaces route work orders) and resource demands (demands for people and/or tools).

For PSO in Apps 10, the work task resource demands are sent to PSO for scheduling instead of the work orders.

An allocation now creates a work assignment instead of just setting the executed by.

The integration has been improved a lot and now supports automatic split activities/visits and linked activities out of the box. 

For Mobile Work Order there are two new apps, IFS Service MWO 10 and IFS Maintenance MWO 10. These are both available through the app stores (Windows Store/App Store/Google Play) and are built based on the new IFS Aurena Framework.

In addition to this, if you don’t need offline access, web-based Technician Portals were released with Apps 10, that essentially allows you to do the same thing as mWO, but through a web browser on any device with a modern browser.