Solved

Add custom fields to Report ________________

• 14 August 2020
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi,

I’m trying to figure out how to add custom data fields to a Report.

In some of my reports I can find custom fields from a table in the hiaracy fx my shipment delivery note. In that one I can find alle CF from the shipment_cfv view.

But for other reports I can’t find any CF’s as fx this on:

Is there any way out of this other than asking someone with a development licence?

I’m in IFS 9

icon

Best answer by Technical Outlaws 14 August 2020, 14:32

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

If you want to see which LU’s you can add custom fields to for a report you can execute this query. 

CUSTOMER_ORDER_IVC_REP below is the Report ID for the report you want to see:

select *

from ifsapp.REPORT_LU_DEFINITION

WHERE report_id = 'CUSTOMER_ORDER_IVC_REP'

The columns interesting columns are:

LU_NAME  Name of the LU you can add custom fields to.

BLOCK_XPATH The path in the report XML. Useful to see where in the report the field will be added.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

I can also add that all reports do not have support for custom fields.

The report “Customer Statement of Account” does not have support so you unfortunately can’t add custom fields to it.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

To fully understand whether a specific Report Designer Layout supports custom fields, you should first check the associated report package code.  For example, take the Customer Order Confirmation report, if you check the underlying report package which is customer_order_conf_rpi and look for the following procedure call Xml_Record_Writer_SYS.Add_Custom_Fields, this will tell you from which logical units the custom fields will be supported.

Xml_Record_Writer_SYS.Add_Custom_Fields(xml_, 'CustomerOrderLine', next_row_.col_objkey, 'CUSTOMER_ORDER_CONF_REP', language_code_);

Here you can see that custom fields on the Customer Order Line will be pulled thru into the Report Designer Layout.  Assuming the Enabled On Reports on the custom field is checked.

If the report package does not support custom fields then that would be considered a limitation to the Report Designer Layout.  An alternative would be to develop a Crystal Report Layout instead.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

If you want to see which LU’s you can add custom fields to for a report you can execute this query. 

CUSTOMER_ORDER_IVC_REP below is the Report ID for the report you want to see:

select *

from ifsapp.REPORT_LU_DEFINITION

WHERE report_id = 'CUSTOMER_ORDER_IVC_REP'

The columns interesting columns are:

LU_NAME  Name of the LU you can add custom fields to.

BLOCK_XPATH The path in the report XML. Useful to see where in the report the field will be added.

Just enhanced the query by adding published custom fields for each LU :)

SELECT REPORT_ID, 
BLOCK_XPATH,
LU_NAME,
(SELECT listagg(attribute_name, ', ') WITHIN GROUP (ORDER BY lu) a
FROM custom_field_attributes cfa
WHERE cfa.lu = a.lu_name
AND cfa.lu_type = 'CUSTOM_FIELD'
AND cfa.published_db = 'TRUE') PUBLISHED_CFS
FROM IFSAPP.REPORT_LU_DEFINITION a
WHERE a.REPORT_ID = 'SHIPMENT_DELIVERY_NOTE_REP'

/Damith

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Last time I had to make a change to the Pick List for Maintenance. I actually downloaded the schema and had to adjust that too. Needless to say I imported it again before the change showed up in Report Designer.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

I’ll add my two cents worth by saying I navigate to the screen then use System Info to see the LU, columns, and other pertinent info:

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hello @eqbstal @dsj @Technical Outlaws @Tomas Ruderfelt 

Sorry to ping you all but I thought you’d be the best ones to ask, even though this post is 2 years old.

Do any of you know how this applies to IFS Cloud? I have the Custom Fields created, enabled on reports is checked, enable custom fields on SHOP_ORDER_REP is also checked for the report definition, but still I cannot see the custom fields listed in the field explorer. Does back-end modification need to take place?

Any and all input or advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bryan

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

For some clarification:

I did run the query that @dsj provided and I do see my published custom field listed, but in crystal reports, when I form the connection to SHOP_ORDER_REP,  the field is not listed.

Thanks,
Bryan

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

For some clarification:

I did run the query that @dsj provided and I do see my published custom field listed, but in crystal reports, when I form the connection to SHOP_ORDER_REP,  the field is not listed.

Thanks,
Bryan

Hi @bdoucette,

Unfortunately custom fields are only supported in report designer reports. It’s not possible to use CFs in crystal reports 😔

Crystal Reports as Operational Reports - Technical Documentation For IFS Cloud

• Custom Fields are not supported
    Custom Field Views (CFV) only exists for logical units. Using views other than report views (_REP suffixed views) for Operational Reports is not supported. In addition to that, the IFSPRINT user doesn’t have necessary security credentials to access CFV views Therefore using CFV views for Crystal Operational Reports are not supported.
Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi @dsj 

I see… Well thank you for letting me know, as always, I appreciate it!

Do you know if this limitation will ever be addressed? Report Designer is such a clunky piece a software that it makes even Crystal Reports look new (its also not a good piece of software). 

Would it be possible to modify IFSPRINT’s permissions to give it access to other views? That way you can add custom fields to a crystal report?

Thanks,
Bryan

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @dsj 

I see… Well thank you for letting me know, as always, I appreciate it!

Do you know if this limitation will ever be addressed? Report Designer is such a clunky piece a software that it makes even Crystal Reports look new (its also not a good piece of software). 

Would it be possible to modify IFSPRINT’s permissions to give it access to other views? That way you can add custom fields to a crystal report?

Thanks,
Bryan

Hi Bryan,

I’m not sure if this will be fixed since the problem exists since the beginning of introducing custom fields.

Comparing the tools, my personal choice is report designer. It has it’s faults but good in several ways since you could do a lot more in a layout using custom fields and functions ;) 

Cheers!

Damith