Question

Work task material Line does not show up in IPAP

• 3 April 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi All,

I’m doing some tests and having an issue. I’m creating a Service Quotation that is released and accepted and converted to a Work Order. I put the Work Order and the connected Work Tasks in Status ‘Released’.

Now I was under the assumption that the ‘materials’ Required for the Work Task should be visible in the IPAP, correct? However they do not show up.

When I take a duplicate of my Material Part Line, that duplicate line DOES show up on the IPAP.

Another strange element: when I try to change the Qty on my existing Line, I get a pop-up to complete the ‘Required Fields’ but there is no more Required fill that I did not enter. So that also raises questions.

What can be going wrong here?

best Regards

Roel

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Small Update: When Performing SIte MRP - The MRP does the correct calculation.

I created a Work Taks with a Qty Required = 7. On the IPAP, the demand is not visible but when I run MRP, it creates a SHop Order Req for 7 - 2 (= QTY on hand) = 5 pcs to be manufactured.

Question; on the IPAP I see the Shop Order Requisition but not the Work Task that needs the material. Anybody any idea why this is the case?

​​​

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @Timmermans Roel 

Answering your question “Question; on the IPAP I see the Shop Order Requisition but not the Work Task that needs the material. Anybody any idea why this is the case?”

IPAP line is showing immediate supply or demand details. For this line supply type is Shop Order Requisition and not the Work Task. It is true that Shop Order requisition is created to fulfill the work task requirement.

regards,

Piyal

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @Piyal Perera ,

“IPAP line is showing immediate supply or demand details”.

But why is my Work Task Line not considered as a ‘immediate demand’? I need the part to perform a repair. Wouldn’t it be more transparant that the work task line is visible in the IPAP?

Connected to this: please check out my other topic: MRP does not create Shop Order for Material needed in "Work Task - Service" | IFS Community

In this topic the Work task line is visible on the IPAP… So how is ‘Work task - Service’ different from the traditional Work Task? (see printscreen below as well)

It doesn’t make sense that one Work Task is not taken into account and the other one is taken into account, correct? How do you look at this?

Best Regards

Roel