Solved

Supplier ownership (App10)

• 11 April 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi, 

what is the best option to get parts in stock with supplier ownership? Not consignment stock, but parts in a location with ownership Supplier? The documentation gives the option of using this and transferring the ownership, but I have not found anything on how to get/receive the parts in stock so that they clearly state that they are still Supplier Owned: 

“Supplier-Owned

The supplier-owned setting is used for externally-owned stock that is supplied with the intent that once received into stock, will be converted to company-owned. The supplier-owned ownership is used as a temporary ownership between the arrival and receipt into stock if the value of the Ownership Transfer Point list in the Company/Distribution/General tab is set to Receipt into Inventory. No inventory postings will be created until the parts are received into stock (e.g., picking, floor stock and shipment) even if the purchase order is of a service or exchange type. These parts will not affect the inventory value or inventory part statistics. Quantities of these parts in arrival or quality assurance locations will be included in the supply/demand views so as to avoid multiple supplies for a demand created. Receipts made into arrival and quality assurance locations will be included in the inventory calculation of purchase costs. This type of ownership will not be used for internal purchase orders where the sites belong to the same company. If the sites belong to different companies, the supplier-owned ownership will be used. Stock could only be supplier-owned on an arrival or quality assurance location.”

The “Supplier owned” is not an option in the SfPP, therefore it will not be on the purchase order line either. And transferring ownership cannot be made from company owned to supplier owned from Inventory Part in Stock. Requirement would be to have a full visibility and planning on the part(s) and then transferring the ownership to company owned when needed. Using a customer order (with zero prices) is not an option as the supplier has the parts to begin with. Having a location (availability blocked) will be most likely used, but how to get the parts to that as supplier owned? I tested Customer ownership and created a customer that is the same (and connected) to the supplier, but it makes no sense to have the parts in stock as Customer Owned if the documentation refers that there is an option to do the same for suppliers. The customer ownership works and parts are assigned to that ownership on arrival, no problem. How to run the same for suppliers? Thanks in advance! 

icon

Best answer by Manoj Balasooriya 16 April 2022, 08:20

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

As the documentation states ‘The supplier-owned ownership is used as a temporary ownership between the arrival and receipt into stock if the value of the Ownership Transfer Point list in the Company/Distribution/General tab is set to Receipt into Inventory.’ Therefore, I think you cannot have a supplier owned stock in a picking location. You can only have them in arrival type locations.

So if the Ownership Transfer Point is set to ‘Receipt into Inventory’, and if you receive them into arrival, the ownership will be supplier owned until you move them to a picking location.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi Manoj, 

thank you for clarifying, yes - I had an error in my testing… it does work as you mentioned above when the arrival is done to an arrival location, then it shows that it is still supplier owned until moved to a picking location. All good, thanks for taking the time to check!