Solved

Handling unit receipt and shipment

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hello,

Could someoneshow me how to receive a handling unit into stock? And once a handling unit is shipped with a shipment, can we receive it into stock again?

Thanks a lot.

icon

Best answer by Asela Munasinghe 26 August 2021, 08:23

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@eric.sun , please refer to the below steps. Kindly note that this is App10 only (Sorry,  didnt have App9 to test a similar flow) 

1. Letss say after releasing the CO the Shipment will be created
  1. RMB at the header and go to Shipment Info, which will bring you to the Shipment Lines screen
  1. RMB on the line and select Manual Reservations for Shipment Line

1. In the IFS screen Manual reservations for Shipment Line you can select the Handling Unit(s) that you are looking to reserve for this CO
  1. Selecting smaller QTY to reserve will filter down the available parts in order to reserve the complete amount

1. You can see the different handling units reserved and the different lot numbers as well
  1. You have the ability to report the reserved QTY as Picked from this screen which will move the inventory from a Picking location to a Shipment location
Userlevel 4
Badge +7

@EnzoFerrari , once the shipment is closed does that mean the pallet is shipped out? Can we still use it on another shipment? Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Some of the screesnhots related to the flow below

Plus, you can print reports with HU Info

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Yes, you can receive it back into stock if you have delivered a handling unit via shipment. How you do it depends on the business scenario.

Is it a return from the customer or did you do something wrong in the shipment that you want to correct or something else?

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@EnzoFerrari , once the shipment is closed does that mean the pallet is shipped out? Can we still use it on another shipment? Thanks.

We cannot use a pallet that’s shipped out with a Part unless we receive it back as I understand.

IFS Screens like

1. Sales / Shipping / Picking /Handling Units in Shipment Inventory 
  1. Warehouse management / Quantity in Stock / Handling Units / Handling Units 

will give you an idea about what’s available in HU inventory, You can even count them via Warehouse Management / Counting / Count Handling Units (App10 only. Please compare screens with App9. Sorry - trying my best to help you through mapping screens with an older IFS version) 

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

@Tomas Ruderfelt . Normally we will send our pallets back to stock once we complete shipments, so this is why I asked how to receive them into stock again. Thanks.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

@EnzoFerrari , thanks for your clarification, that does make sense.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@eric.sun Please see this thread. It was identified as a limitation in IFS the inability to receive back empty HUs, unless you are using the IFS Extension called ASC. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

@EnzoFerrari ,that answers my question, thank you very much.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@eric.sun you are welcome :pray:

Anyway, I posted in the old thread (since it’s one year old) checking with if IFS has any bug to overcome this limitation by now. If there is and if you are lucky, you can ask IFS to downport it and apply in App9. But in my view, it seems like a huge development :( Just subscribe to the old thread to stay updated, I would suggest. :)