Question

Using map Positions in MWO Maintenance 10

• 21 December 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

I have used MapPositionFree to setup map position for Functional Objects and Work Tasks in IFSAPP10. upd 13.

But when transfering to Mobile, the positions are not available in the mWO map. 

Do you need a Bing license to see the map positions in mWO ?

Does it require any other set up to see the map positions in mWO

4 replies

Userlevel 7

You should not need a Bing License to sync map positions. If the position exists on the work task, it should be synced. 

Which platform is this on, and have you tried with different platforms e.g. Windows, iOS, Android? 

If you initialize the device, do they sync then? 

If you manually add new coordinates to the work task do they sync then? 

If you manually add new coordinates to a work task - after you have transferred it - does it sync then?

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

To view map positions within MWO you need to ensure embedded maps are enabled. There are Application Parameters as documented in Application Parameters (ifs.com) per App and platform

Cheers

James

Badge +2

I succeded getting access to the mWO map by changing the embedded mapps parameter to ESRI.

Next question: I can only se one Work Task created yesterday in the map. This is placed in the ´Due Map´What is the criterias for getting Work Taske in ‘Todays map’, ‘Tomorrows map’ etc. I have testet with different start dates.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi, we use Allocated Start of the work assignments to show tasks in different maps. We compare Allocated Start with current date of the device.