Task steps visibility in Aurena - Technician portal

• 8 November 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7
  • Sidekick (Customer)
  • 24 replies

Hello,

We are planning to use Aurena (technician/ maintenance portal). Yesterday I received feedback of our technicians that the interface is not that intuitive. I am hoping you can assist me in improving the application for our technicians.

What we would like is to view the Task Steps underneath the Work Order. This would enable the users to instantly know what work the task contains. I already know the “Definition” of a Work Task Template pulls through to the Work Task. But is it possible to add a view of task steps? Or possibly the Job Description?

If not, would it be possible to edit the view of Work Details to include Task Steps? (And to exclude irrelevant information such as components from the Task Information?) 

icon

Best answer by CurMelinJ 30 March 2023, 10:59

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

hi @Wout 

It’s not possible to add the task steps directly, because of the one-to-many issue.  The Card can only display data from the work order header.

You might be able to solve this using a custom field on the work order, that concatenates together the steps into a single string field.  Then display that on the card using page designer.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

@paul harland 

I have explored the maintenance section a bit further, I have found something that comes near the overview I desire.

However, I don't think this window/interface is easy to use for technicians. Due to all of the possibilities in this window, e.g. assigning, status changes, etc.

Do you think we could turn this into a workable/ simpler interface for technicians? And in general, could perhaps advice how we can use/ improve the use of the Maintenance Engineer lobby?

Finally, as you mentioned “the one-to-many issue”, could you perhaps tell me about the future plans for Aurena?

Thanks in advance!

Userlevel 7

You could look at adding a tab on the work details screen to display the Task Steps. I should be possible to display the same list as in “Task Steps”. Please note that they are split in the Task Step list (Open and Completed), so you might just want to display the “Open Task Steps”, or possibly add two tabs.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

@anmise How do I add a tab?

I am a user of the system, I am not that familiar with programming. We do have support internally for programming, but their time is limited.

Userlevel 7

@anmise How do I add a tab?

I am a user of the system, I am not that familiar with programming. We do have support internally for programming, but their time is limited.

Adding a tab can be done through page configuration, but it’s a bit technical, and I had a quick look at this requirement specifically and it’s not entirely straightforward and I cannot promise that it’ll work (didn’t have the time to dig into it in detail). I’d probably ask a system admin to have a look at it, if it’s important to you. As you suggested above, you can also look at making the work tasks list view simpler through page configuration, but again, will require some work. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

@anmise, Good news

I am able to display a list of all Work Tasks or Task Steps, using “List” and a combination of a Term containing Task/Work. However, I find the following;

1. All values (tasks/works) are shown (also see image)
  2. In List I am unable to change the status

Could you help me to a guide to adjust the interface? There is a lot of options here, and it would take quite some time to try them all.

Badge +3

I seem to have found the list called ‘OpenTaskStepsList’. It should show the task steps in a list on the Work Task, but i get an server error when adding it, so maybe som keys are missing or something like that?