Question

Strike Trough used in navigator of mWO element

• 12 March 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

When I opened Solution Manager > Touch Apps > Configuration > Apps for Page Designer > Service Engineer > My Work and checked the element Expense Card I saw the following:

I have some other fields modified via the Page Designer for this element (and others), however I've never encountered a field of which the field labels where striked through.

Anyone an idea what is the idea behind this? What does it give as a hint?

We recently updated from IFS10 upd 11 to IFS10.14.21.0

mWO App version is 1.9

The field Cost_Amount is still available in the Entity Details (if I look at that via IEE)

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

I believe it shows elements/attributes that have been removed/hidden from the page. Striking through makes it easier to see and revert the change if required.

Cheers

James

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

James,

Thanks for your answer, I understand what you're saying. Why would not the, normally, standard available attribute of Visibility not been used?

Steve

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @eqbstal ,

This strikethrough is applied only to the elements /attributed that are REMOVED from the configuration.

There is a difference with hiding and deleting an element, even though the outcome looks similar in the surface.

When an item is hidden (visibility = false), it is not drawn in the UI, but all the information/ meta data about that field needs to be retrieved to the client. On the other hand, if you remove an element, there is no need to bring that information to the client and hence it would have better performance over the hidden field.

Prior to this implementation, deleted items were removed from the page designer UI as well making it difficult to manage such items with subsequent modifications.  

Cheers!