Question

RFID tag reading on Mobile Work Order app

• 20 October 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Does anyone have experience with using RFID tags to identify Objects in the MWO app, similar to how there is the ability to scan a barcode or a QR code? The idea is that there is an RFID tag located on the object, which the technician would be able to scan using his mobile device to get the object information. 

I am assuming that this would need some hardware that is able to scan the RFID tag, but I would then also be interested in how that data is used in the MWO app. Does anyone have any experience with this?

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Badge +15

Hi @Roel van Zwieten ,

You cannot configure to  latest APP10 MWO app  to use RFID tag

This functionality is available from IFS Cloud latest version

To simulate this with the Application, without being investing for hardware you could use Node-Red flow(there are existing free-libraries which support RFID ) to simulate the RFID signal and test with the Applications instance.

Asset Management  functionality supports receiving senior data  to the Application’s table with a newly introduced page called  “Asset/Equipment Data Collection” 

It is a new component ‘asdtcl’ delivered with IFS CLOUD.

Useful community post also available which I also extracted some information

If this solves your question, kindly mark it as Best Answer as it will help other members in the community.

Best Regards

Manoj

Regards

Manoj

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @Manoj Ruwanhewa 

Is this functionality also available in the IFS Cloud MWO app though? I had a look at the documentation you linked, but I didn’t see any mention of it. I also checked in my 21R1 MWO app but couldn’t find anything related to this functionality.

Regards,

Roel

Badge +15

Hi @Roel van Zwieten , Yes, may be this will be available from cloud 21R2 which is the latest version.

Regards

Manoj