Question

Resource Detail Site Assignment

• 9 August 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge +2

We are struggling with assigning users under “Assign Work” from the Prepare Work Order screen, under the “Allocate To” for users who perform work at multiple sites. We have the users set up in the Resource Detail with Companies and Sites assigned to them under the Connections tab. We also have their site assigned under the General tab. However, when we need a user to perform work at a site other than what is listed as their Site under the General tab, they are unavailable to be chosen under the LOV “Allocate To”. Has anyone else found a way around this other than changing the Site under the Resource Detail → General tab each time a user needs to perform work at another site? We are running APP10.

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hi @JSWAIM ,

Please untick ‘Apply Constraints’ option under Assign Work before going to the ‘Allocate To’ LOV. Then you must be able to find the resource without changing the site under resource detail every time.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Nethmini

Badge +2

That worked! Thank you so much!

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hi @JSWAIM,

Happy to hear that  😃 !!

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

@Nethmini Kosvinna Hi, sorry to steal this topic but are you aware of any bug around this in IFS Cloud? In Apps 10 unticking Apply Constrains works very well, but when I do the same thing in IFS Cloud unfortunately I don't get the same results.

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hi @CooErikaS ,
I checked this in 21R2 and it seems the functionality is working as expected. Could you please mention the IFSCLOUD version you are using.

Thanks,

Nethmini

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

@Nethmini Kosvinna We recently went to 22R2, but I’m pretty sure I had this problem before the latest update.