Solved

Only objects from Work Task in MWO

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hello community,

is it possible to only sync the objects and the information needed for these particular objects into the MWO (Apps 10, IFS Cloud)? 

Background: The service tec only needs all the object information for the object worked on with his/her assignment.

T&R

DADUDE

icon

Best answer by skullk 9 May 2022, 07:53

View original

16 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Currently, all objects in user allowed sites are synced to the mobile via the grouped push sync policy. However the sync policy for the object related entities can be changed from grouped push to batch if required and then apply an appropriate permission set filter (in this case, user assigned objects) to get the required objects in mobile. 

Thanks

Sampath

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi @skullk,

any hint where to set the filter? In EquipmentObject, JtTask or ActiveSeparate?

Once that is cleared, we’re able to start from there.

T&R

DADUDE

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

The filter is mainly needed on the EquipmentObject entity after being transformed to a batch entity. You might want the same filter on other object related entities as well (ex: Measurements, Characteristics, etc).

Thanks

Sampath

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Dear @skullk 

What are you describing here?
The filter is mainly needed on the EquipmentObject entity after being transformed to a batch entity.

Not aware of this or what to do.

Regards

Tobias

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

What I described was a possible way to limit the no of objects synced to mobile. 

Change the sync policy of the entity from grouped push to batch in sync rules. 
Apply an appropriate filter in permission set filters against the entity to get only the required objects into mobile.

@Bandula do you see any more info to be added here? :)

Thanks

Sampath

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Dear @skullk and @Bandula first of all again much appreacheated the support you give. However since the time is urgend and the customer furious: Give us the how-to-explanation on the filter to have only all relevant objects and their information, for “My Work Objects” only. As mentioned, the time for try-and-error by the regions, is now not applicaple. Please feel free to contact me at anytime via teams or email.

Best regards

Daniel :).

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

After switch equipment object entity sync rule to batch (from group push) you may add a permission set filer as below

where mch_code in (Select distinct actual_object_id from Jt_Task where task_seq in (select task_seq from Mobile_Work_Order_Uiv))

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Dear @Bandula 

based on what I can see is that the permission set filter is used even when grouped push is active.

But that aside, we tried a lot.

What we can now say:

We have one task assigned to the User IFS-GRIMM.

This one is sent properly to the mobile device and displayed there.

Now, synching only this object you would need a select like this

&0.MCH_CODE IN (select DISTINCT ACTUAL_OBJECT_ID 
FROM IFSAPP.JT_EXECUTION_INSTANCE_UIV
WHERE resource_id = 'IFS-GRIMM')

This will filter only on the assigned objects from here

But we need to have some filter functionality on the user / the resource ID.
This is currently a mistery.

This is not working

WHERE resource_id = '&USERID')

and this is not working

WHERE resource_id = IFSAPP:FND_SESSION_API.GET_FND_USER)

So how to determine only the data from a specific resource id / user??

Thanks for that and kind regards

TT

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

When group push is active you can’t get object connect to end user because Group Push run as a separate user.

So in this case you need to switch equipment object entity sync rule to batch (from group push). Then apply below PS filter.

where mch_code in (Select distinct actual_object_id from Jt_Task where task_seq in (select task_seq from Mobile_Work_Order_Uiv))

If you have further questions, please raise a new post as original post question is now answered. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Dear @Bandula 

I am not really sure if you get the issue.

The first tests we did was only with the initialisation. Which in turn is no SYNC Job. From my point of view.

Another thing would be: 
Your permission set filter is not filtering on specifc Users. Thus, it is not possible to fetch any information only related to a user.
In addition: Your filter would not work for the request Daniel made.

I do not see the original question answered yet.

Regards
Tobias

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Dear @Bandula 

I am not really sure if you get the issue.

The first tests we did was only with the initialisation. Which in turn is no SYNC Job. From my point of view.

Another thing would be: 
Your permission set filter is not filtering on specifc Users. Thus, it is not possible to fetch any information only related to a user.
In addition: Your filter would not work for the request Daniel made.

I do not see the original question answered yet.

Regards
Tobias

Hi @Bandula and @skullk! Tks for the info.

I got it following what you guys have said.

First switch equipment object entity sync rule to batch (from group push).

Then create a PS filter like this:

&0.MCH_CODE in (Select distinct t.actual_object_id from Jt_Task_uiv t where t.task_seq in (select m.task_seq from Mobile_Work_Order_UIV m))

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

@lopespetro Did you able to limit objects to get end user’s task connected objects using that PS filer condition  ?  

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

@lopespetro Did you able to limit objects to get end user’s task connected objects using that PS filer condition  ?  

Yes @Bandula.

I was able following what you said above.

Tks for the instructions!

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Ok Great @lopespetro . FYI @Technical Toby 

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Currently, all objects in user allowed sites are synced to the mobile via the grouped push sync policy. However the sync policy for the object related entities can be changed from grouped push to batch if required and then apply an appropriate permission set filter (in this case, user assigned objects) to get the required objects in mobile. 

Thanks

Sampath

Does this apply also in IFS Cloud? Or can one filter grouped push entities with entity filters in Cloud?

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@AveTonitM, yes this would apply to IFS Cloud as well. If you want user-specific data then you would need to switch to Batch and then use a query like Bandula mentioned. Using that query if the entity is grouped push will not work as the query is not run by the end user but it is instead run by the Grouped Push user. Therefore you cannot get any user specific data as it will only filter it by the GP user then. 

You can filter GP entities but it just wont be user specific.