Question

MWO Service - Permssion Access

• 24 October 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hello everyone :-)

IFS Cloud 22R1

When opening MWO Maintenance, I have all icons.

But when I open MWO Service I have only 3 icons… why?

Cna you help please?

Thank you

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

This is an issue with security set-up. MWO Service and MWO Maintenance are two separate apps with separate security set-up required.

You need to grant the Projections and Security Grants to your permission set to get this to work

Cheers

James

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi Yoni 

See the below link to a similar topic. 

Solution Manager/Aurena Native Apps/Administration/Security Grants and Entity Filters/Security Grants By Permission Set

MWO : hide some icons | IFS Community

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi Yoni 

See the below link to a similar topic. 

Solution Manager/Aurena Native Apps/Administration/Security Grants and Entity Filters/Security Grants By Permission Set

MWO : hide some icons | IFS Community

Thank you - I have been in but it doesn’t tell me what to do

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

This is an issue with security set-up. MWO Service and MWO Maintenance are two separate apps with separate security set-up required.

You need to grant the Projections and Security Grants to your permission set to get this to work

Cheers

James

Hi

thank you - but how do I proceed please?

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Projections give access to the app to send transactions to the server. Security groups give access to data and pages.

Projection Grants are described here: Projections Grants - Technical Documentation For IFS Cloud

Security Grants are described here: Security Groups by Permission Set - Technical Documentation For IFS Cloud

Your issue is with MWO Service so when looking at Project access you need to search for %NativeMobile% Category and Component MWO as shown below

When looking at Security Grants you need to look for the App Name ServiceEngApp followed by the Version that is active (you can see this in Solution Manager > Aurena Native Apps > Administration > Applications) but I am guessing this is Service Eng App 22

Cheers

James

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

@James Ashmore 

I do appreciate your time and screenshots.

But difficult for me to locate those screens in IFS cloud.

I saw it is Service EngApp 2.3

But the all process is not straight forward at the moment for me.

For now, MWO Maintenance is full icons

MWO Servicev is still with 3 icons… but no clue how this was setup at first step.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hope these help...also follow the Tech Doc links in my previous post

Cheers

James

Projection grants:

Security Group grants:

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi,

thank you so much for your replies.

I finally got support from an IFS consultant that took over remotely.

We went though some of your screenshots and now it makes “a little bit” more sense.