Question

mWO Service - Adding List Screens to the Work Details Menu

Badge +12

Hello,

Can we have a direct link to the Work Order Journal list screen in mWO Service rather than navigating to Work Order > Work Order Journal? 

I tried adding a Command Group to Navigate to the baseline WorkOrderJournal page from Work Details but it doesn’t redirect me to the screen but stays in Work Details.

Please let me know the possibilities.

Kind Regards

Priyanka Cecilia

10 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @Priyanka Cecilia V, I expected this to work and tried this myself, but I see a similar result where clicking on the command refreshes but stays on the current page. Is that what you’re seeing too? Can you share all of your steps please so that I can double check against what I tried?

Thanks!

Rukmal

Badge +12

Hi @rukflk,

Yes, I see the same result. Sure, below are the steps I’ve followed.

• Using Page Designer, from the WorkTaskDetail screen:
    • From CommandGroups > Add a NavigationLink > Select the Page ‘page/WorkOrderJournal/List’ and added the Wo No as Navigation Filter as shown below.
  • Saved and Published the changes.
  • Re-connected and again Initialized the mobile device to view the changes in the screen.

I’ve tried the similar steps with a different list screen has well and have the same issue.

Kind Regards

Priyanka Cecilia

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

@rukflk Any luck wit this?  I experienced similar results when trying to replicate

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

@Priyanka Cecilia V , @fishema I’m on a couple of focused assignments last week and this week so couldn’t try this yet, but it’s still on my radar. Will try as soon as I get a chance and share my findings! Thanks for your patience! /Rukmal

Badge +12

@Rukmal Fernando Did you get a chance to analyze this scenario? Please let me know.

Kind Regards

Priyanka Cecilia

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

@Priyanka Cecilia V I’m afraid not, but I’ve now booked some time in my calendar this week to try it out. Will let you know! Have you spotted anything new yourself? 

Cheers,

Rukmal

Badge +12

Thanks @Rukmal Fernando, appreciate it. Not that I’ve found anything new but still have to validate if anything has changed in 23R1 release. Will keep you posted if I find a solution.

Kind Regards

Priyanka Cecilia

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

@Priyanka Cecilia V I think I have a partial solution for you.

First up, for the Page, we need to use a page that’s part of the current app, so for example we’d have to use page/ServiceEngApp/WorkOrderJournal , and that works with both 22R2 and 23R1 (bear in mind that I used the latest app from the stores). The page you initially tried with is part of the web solution, which is why nothing happened.

Secondly, on the navigation filter however, this is not a capability we have at the moment. We’re doing some work in the area of navigation, but navigating with parameters is not currently within the scope for 23R2. However, I will bring in this scenario as a test case for the team when as we work on navigation, to see if we can bring some basic parameter support.

So the short answer is that navigating to a specific page is possible using the page/[AppName]/[PageName] syntax as in the screenshot below even though passing parameters is not possible and not currently in our roadmap for 23R2.

I hope this gives you a way forward. Can you also try and let me know how it goes please?

Best regards,

Rukmal

Badge +12

Hi @Rukmal Fernando,

Thank you for these inputs. The first scenario sounds promising. Sure, I will try with the ServiceEngApp screen and let you know.

For navigation filter, if it can be brought into 23R2, it would be helpful because we are trying to pass only the Work Order ID as a basic parameter.

Kind Regards

Priyanka Cecilia

Badge +12

Hi @Rukmal Fernando,

Yes, I was able to test this functionality and the List screen works. But without the Navigation Filter, I feel it is not helpful because it displays random records and not the records for the current Work Order.

Please let me know if the Navigation Filter will be a feature in 23R2.

Kind Regards

Priyanka Cecilia