Solved

MWO MAINT 10 - MOBILE NOTIFICATION

• 25 October 2021
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi all.

I’ve just testing the APPS 10 UPD12 - MWO MAINTENANCE 10 - 10.13.1360.0 and the notification in mobile is not working.

What may it be?

Tks a lot.

• The push is not checked in mobile user;
  • Sending manual notification works well in background but the user does not receive it.

icon

Best answer by lopespetro 4 March 2022, 15:05

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

11 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi,

Push Notifications in arena native apps configured via following application petameters

• NOTIFICATION_HUB_PATH
  • NOTIFICATION_HUB_URL

Can you please check the above application parameters for app  ‘MaintEngApp’ version ‘1.7’ is set correctly ? 

/Subash Perera

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi,

Push Notifications in arena native apps configured via following application petameters

• NOTIFICATION_HUB_PATH
  • NOTIFICATION_HUB_URL

Can you please check the above application parameters for app  ‘MaintEngApp’ version ‘1.7’ is set correctly ? 

/Subash Perera

Hi Subash,

Here is like this:

• NOTIFICATION_HUB_PATH

mworkorder-aurena-native-eam-beta

• NOTIFICATION_HUB_URL

Endpoint=sb://mworkorder.servicebus.windows.net/;SharedAccessKeyName=DefaultFullSharedAccessSignature;SharedAccessKey=nfJdzmbUndbicF0dR1Dm2on7bXySusTuyVOZSkm8QUo=

Are they correct?

Tks for attention.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

There is a troubleshooting guide in the Tech Docs which you can read here: https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/Foundation1/040_administration/415_touch_apps/040_touch_apps_server/70_push_troubleshooting/default.htm

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @James Ashmore , I’m gonna take a look at it.

Tks for the info.

Br.

Lopes

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi;

If you have an iOS or windows device, worth try out. because sometime this could be platform/device specific. So we can narrow down the issue.

Thanks

Kapila 

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi;

If you have an iOS or windows device, worth try out. because sometime this could be platform/device specific. So we can narrow down the issue.

Thanks

Kapila 

Hi @kathlk , neither for windows.

I already tested with the internet in house but no success.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @lopespetro,

Can you check whether the custom events for push notifications in MaintEngApp
are enabled in the IFS Application as below? If not, please enable those and check again. They are normally enabled once the MaintEngApp is in the Active state of the Applications screen.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

@DAALLK - That will not help. Custom events used for trigger the push message. What’s happening here is device send push registration request to server and then server sends this to Azure Hub (Using HUB settings in app params). If that fails (Wrong hub settings) then you do not see this push enabled check box. If your device does not enable the push notifications in Os level for the app, then device does not sends this registration request and you can see the similar behaviour. In android you can check it via settings I guess. 

Next option is to check device logs in android. May be you can send/email device logs. It will show any errors during the push registration. 

Another possibility is a bug in this app binary => 10.13.1360.0 where it does not have right Push settings packaged. Worth activate same app in different environment. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @lopespetro,

Can you check whether the custom events for push notifications in MaintEngApp
are enabled in the IFS Application as below? If not, please enable those and check again. They are normally enabled once the MaintEngApp is in the Active state of the Applications screen.

Hi @Dharshika Amaradasa, Yes, it’s checked.

Tks for attention.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

@DAALLK - That will not help. Custom events used for trigger the push message. What’s happening here is device send push registration request to server and then server sends this to Azure Hub (Using HUB settings in app params). If that fails (Wrong hub settings) then you do not see this push enabled check box. If your device does not enable the push notifications in Os level for the app, then device does not sends this registration request and you can see the similar behaviour. In android you can check it via settings I guess. 

Next option is to check device logs in android. May be you can send/email device logs. It will show any errors during the push registration. 

Another possibility is a bug in this app binary => 10.13.1360.0 where it does not have right Push settings packaged. Worth activate same app in different environment. 

Hi @kathlk, tks for the explanation.

One thing I have noticed is also the message in logs:

In app device the notification is alloweded.

I’ll check the client log.

Tks

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi everyone!

the local support has resolved the issue just by setting up the user in TAS config.

At first, changing to the owner user worked right.

Tks a lot for the attention!