Solved

MWO Attachment icon not visible

• 31 December 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi everyone.

The attachment (media and doc) icon is not visible in mobile client?

It’s enabled in workflow config.

Could someone help how could I enable it?

I’m using the latest version of playstore IFS MWO maintenance 10.14.1362 in IFS 10 UPD 12.

Tks a lot

icon

Best answer by Bandula 1 January 2022, 13:26

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @lopespetro,

Make sure that you have granted the user with correct permission set and enabled the one or both of the following activities based on your business requirement. It’ll enable the attachment icon in MainEngApp.

• MaintEngApp 1.DocumentManagement
  • MaintEngApp 1.MediaLibraryManagement

Example Permission Set (PS) for MainEngApp

Let me know if this solved your issue.

/Nimesh

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @lopespetro,

Make sure that you have granted the user with correct permission set and enabled the one or both of the following activities based on your business requirement. It’ll enable the attachment icon in MainEngApp.

• MaintEngApp 1.DocumentManagement
  • MaintEngApp 1.MediaLibraryManagement

Example Permission Set (PS) for MainEngApp

Let me know if this solved your issue.

/Nimesh

Hi @Nimesh Kasun , tks for the info.

Both of them are already cheked.

Also the refresh cache for mobile.

In app parameter I could see that we have the option to not allow the user pick a media from galery, just use the camera.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @lopespetro,

If you meant ‘EXISTING_DEVICE_MEDIA_ALLOWED’ app parameter, it should still show the attachment option as I think to add the attachment of camera photo.

So far, I could re-create this scenario with above mentioned options only. But I will see whether I can find another cause for this and meantime other community members will also send you any information they know. :)  

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi @lopespetro  Only the activity security can control attachment option on Mwo app. Can you please check whether your user got a security permission with 2 grants enable as described by Nimesh ? 

If you still unable to see paper clip icon better to check local table to troubleshoot

1. Enable local DB - Goto Mobile user in EE, RMB E’Edit App device Settings, on the device →  click ‘Enable DB viewer’
  2. Init the mobile device
  3. go to settings → Database viewer
  4. Check local table fnd$mobile_client_security 

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi everyone.

It was a delivery problem who cause the issue.

Tks a lot for everyone’s attention!