Question

MWO Apps 10 - can you record video ?

Userlevel 1
Badge +6
  • Do Gooder (Customer)
  • 12 replies

We can take pictures which attach to the Task. When the camera loads up, video is not available. Is this a limitation with MWO App, or dependent on the mobile device / OS. We’re using Android devices.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @BGunn ,

I cannot really help you with this, because I do not have an App10 MWo environment.

But I just checked om my I-Phone in the service technician portal in IFS Cloud and there it is possible to upload a video. Hopefully this will be possible in MWo as well, I can imagen this is a good feature to add during a service/maintenance job.

BR,

Robert

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi,

Video uploads from MWO is not supported in Apps10. But this is being implemented for 22R2 release in IFS Cloud.

Thanks
Sampath

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

In Apps 10 the Media Library is used for pictures from MWO and this is stored in the Database. So for cost reasons we have not exposed Videos to be uploaded to Media Library via MWO.

However, you can upload videos in MWO via Document Management. You would need to train the MWO users to record the video, then add a new document and select the video to upload via DocMan. Its not as simple as using the Picture functionality but will prevent your database from increasing in size due to videos as you can configure DocMan to use file storage instead.

As Sampath says. The capability to add Videos via the Picture functionality in MWO is being added in IFS Cloud in the next release (22R2)

Cheers

James