Question

Mobile app closes whenever work order status is changed.

• 3 March 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Has anyone run into the scenario where, when the status of a work order is changed, the mobile app automatically closes?

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @hmccabe ,

So you have any error shown or screenshot of the issue? May be you can take the log files see what happens. You might be able to identify the reason for that.

Is there any possibility that your device gets many data that’s unable to handled by the app? Is this App10 or 9?

Have you try re-login into the app/ an initialization? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

We are using App 9.

There are no errors or other messages, the application just closes. So there is no screen shot to provide. The users tried re-initializing and also re-installing the app but neither of those things corrected the issue. This is not happening with other users who should have the same amount of data so I don’t think that could be it. 

We have not looked at the log files. We can try that.

Any other suggestions?

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Could you capture the logs to see if an error is present.

Also can you check this users security. Is it set-up the same as the other users who don’t have the problem

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi,

Are you seeing this for a particular site or any specific group? 

Have you configured Work Flow that can be related to this set of users? 

Were there any system changes recently before starting to see this? 

Could you please share me the obtained logs with me as well to my email address directly? I will send you the email address via Direct Message. I can have a look too. Best way is to look at the logs and continue from there if anything cannot be easily identifiable. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

where are the log files located?

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

where are the log files located?

You can get them MWO > Admin window

Also, you can take TASTrace log from > C:\inetpub\IFS Touch Apps Server\Log\TASTrace.log

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Thank you for your help. We have opened an IFS Case for this.