Solved

Invoicing Free of Charge Service

• 20 June 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6
  • Sidekick (Customer)
  • 19 replies

We have an issue where customer orders and customer invoices are not created when trying to invoice a work order. 

A customer is set up with a service contract with invoice type Free of Charge:

And on the Work order invoice type is set to free of charge:

We can generate an invoice preview:

But no connected customer order is generated. There’s a background job with description “Creating Customer Order for Invoice Preview ID 742.” and status ready, so there are no errors to trance. 

Could it be that no invoice is generated due to invoice type free of charge? If so, if, for some orders we’d like to charge the customer for a part of the service - is there a way without having to change the Free of charge setting on the service contract? We’d like to be able to do it but it’s not occurring every time. 

We have IFSAPP10.17.

icon

Best answer by Dilini Arandara 20 June 2023, 09:50

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi Elgo,

As I read your question it seems like the requirement is it have free of charge for the service but sometimes you need to invoice the customer on specific aspects.

You could create sale lines on the Work Task with the relevant charges and set the sales line to invoiceable.

Then those will appear in the invoice preview and can be transfered to customer order.

Hope this helps.

Thanks & Best Regards

Eresha

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi, 
Thank you for your response, it means a lot to us!

We have tried doing exactly what you describe, but somehow the invoice is not generated although we have invoiceable sales lines. I just created this invoice preview in a new test. It says “Transferred” on the Invoice Preview sales line, but no customer order is created and connected:

If this is not how it should work, then could there be a bug?

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

In your screenshot I noticed that the revenue% is zero

Use this Set Revenue option on sales lines and make the revenue percentage to 100 and check if it works fine.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Alright! Finally a logical pattern! :)

The thing is, we don’t have that RMB available. I’m super user with all permissions, so there seems to be a system parameter making this choice unavailable. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

The 2 RMB options in sales tab:  Set Revenue(enable if revenue is ‘0’) and Set No Revenue(enable If revenue is 100%) were introduced in App10 UPD14.  Since you are in UPD17, this should be available. I’m not aware of any system parameter which enables/disables this. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Oh, I see. I just realized we have not installed 10.17 in this test environment. I will perform the same tests in another test environment with the correct version. Thank you so much for taking the time to help us!

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

oh, then that should be the reason. Please test the suggested solution and update here with your results. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi,
We have performed new tests in an environment with the correct IEE version (10.17) and this Revenue setting is doing exactly what we wanted. Thank you so much for your assistance!