Question

Cloud 22R2 - mWO Service - Auto Complete Work Order and Work Task

• 13 April 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +12

Hi,

Is there any baseline feature in Cloud which validates and auto completes a Work Order when its respective Work Tasks are completed/cancelled from either Cloud or mWO Service? 

Similarly, complete a Work Task when its corresponding Work Assignments are completed/incompleted/cancelled from either Cloud or mWO Service? Please let me know.

Kind Regards

Priyanka Cecilia

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Priyanka Cecilia V ,

We enable Finish with Task for the work order in prepare work order screen and this will make sure the Work Order will get status Finished when the last active Work Task is set to Finished (all other Work Tasks in status Finished or Cancelled). If all Tasks are in Cancelled state, it will be prompted to set the Work Order to Cancelled.

I don't this so we have similar option for auto completion of work task based on work assignment status as work task complete not solely dependent on work assignment.

Hope this help!!

Regards,

Mithun K V

Badge +3

When the last active Work Task is set to Work Done, Work Order is set automatically to Work Done. There is no way to control this behaviour (which in my view is causing problems sometimes).

As with finishing tasks, as explained in the previous reply flag, the Work Order (Finish with Task) controls automatically set the Work Order to Finished when the last active Work Task reaches the Finish state. System-wide behaviour can be controlled by a system property

Regarding the Assignments: If the assignments are created directly from Resource Demands when the last active assignment is completed application should set the Work Task to Work Done as well. If the Assignments are created without Resource Demands (direct allocations) then the behaviour will not work. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @anjana.pat ,

Yes, work task status can be changed to work done automatically based on the completion of last work assignment and it even work for the direct assignments. But later we need to report & finish the work task manually.

Regards,

Mithun K V