Question

Cloud 22R1 - mWO Service Windows Push Notification

• 23 January 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge +12

Hello,

I’m trying to enable Push Notification option in Windows environment (laptop) for mWO Service. I do not see an option to enable Notification within the windows app settings. I’m able to setup notification in both Android and iOS devices.

Is this restricted in Windows or am I missing something? Please let me know.

Kind Regards

Priyanka Cecilia

6 replies

Userlevel 7

Does it not work? In Windows 10 you have an option called “Notifications & Actions”. You need IFS MWO service to be turned on there.

Badge +12

Hi @anmise ,

Yes, for some reason the app is not listed in the ‘Notifications and actions’ screen as you have mentioned. I believe by default while installing the app, it should display here. Is there any other way I can enable notifications?

Kind Regards

Priyanka Cecilia

Userlevel 7

Check if it’s enabled in “Background Apps”. I assume you installed it from the Windows Store?

Badge +12

It is already enabled in Background apps. Yes, I’ve downloaded from the Microsoft Store.

Kind Regards

Priyanka Cecilia

Badge +1

Hi @Priyanka Cecilia V 

Was this issue ever resolved for you? I have a customer who is experiencing the same issue and am wondering if this is backgrounds app or notification permissions issue. Was this Windows 11?

Badge +12

Hi @Priyanka Cecilia V 

Was this issue ever resolved for you? I have a customer who is experiencing the same issue and am wondering if this is backgrounds app or notification permissions issue. Was this Windows 11?

Hi @clcuus,

This was an issue in the baseline windows platform and as per the IFS team, it should be resolved in the below releases but I’m yet to test.

IFS Fixed Version: 22.2.15 - 22R2 SU15, 23.1.8 - 23R1 SU8, 23.2.0 - 23R2 GA, 23.2.1 - 23R2 SU1, 24.1E.0 - 24R1 EA

Yes, it was both in windows 10 and 11.