Solved

Cancelling A Work Assignment already Started

• 25 May 2021
  • 5 replies

I’m hoping I’m missing some easy, obvious option here. I did not find the details in F1.

In Apps10, UPD9, how do I cancel a Work Assignment from IEE when it is transferred to mobile and in ‘Work Started’. 

In Apps8, we are able to go to Transferred to Mobile, rmb, and ‘Unassign Work Order’.

I see the rmb option in Apps10 to ‘Cancel Work Assignment’ but it is grayed out when the Assignment is in Work Started status. I’m not sure in what status this feature becomes unavailable, but  it seems to be so for at least Work Started. I am curious, is that also the case for Accepted?

Also, looking for a way to manually advance the Work Assignment should the need arise. In Apps8, we are currently able to adjust the status from IEE and it keeps the id of the individual making the change neatly stored in the Journal.

icon

Best answer by Ibrahim Naazir 25 May 2021, 19:13

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi,

Regarding your second query of manually advancing the work assignment, I do not think it is possible. Once you transfer it to the mobile device, it would basically lock the record from EE. Therefore no changes can be done to the work assignment status once it is transferred to the mobile device and accepted/started. 

Since on mWO you work with work assignments it is designed that way to avoid issues like Failed Transactions where state changes from the mobile and EE do not conflict with each other. Once it is transferred to the mobile, it should either be completed or incompleted from the mobile side.

Best Regards,
Ibrahim

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hello Bridget,

While agreeing to the what @Ibrahim Naazir  mentioned regarding the second part of the question, the answer to the first part would be as soon as you press ‘Work Start’ State the Work assignment  starts to clock in and you cannot cancel the it.

The ideal latest status that you can cancel the Work Assignment would be the state of ‘Accepted’.

Best Regards,

Vinu

Oh, I apparently can only choose 1 best answer (that makes sense I guess). I tried to add both of yours. :)

Thank you both very much. This is not ideal functionality for a multitude of reasons, but it is helpful information to have. Sounds like once started, the work assignment must be completed by the mobile user via the mobile device. This is quite a bit more restrictive than Apps8 where we can bring the Work Order back at any time as needed. However, I understand some of the logic as today, we do end up with many Failed Transactions due to these changes. I am happy to hear when it is in ‘Accepted’, we can still cancel it.

If there is a situation where we must bring the Assignment back and it is ‘Started’, I guess best practice would be to allow the technician to complete the ‘bad’ Assignment and create a new one associated with the Task if it is something that must be changed and the technician cannot.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hello Bridget,

Actually @Ibrahim Naazir ‘s answer covered the most important part, while i just wanted to add to that. :)

However, you can try “Incomplete Work Assignment” option and have dispatch another work assignment , or create a work assignment from the mobile client for your specific situation.

Also, i found an option to enable the cancel assignment.  (Apologies for not mentioning it earlier) 

Since it cannot be canceled due to clocking you cannot cancel the work assignment in the traditional way but if you delete the clocking from the “Work Task Clocking” window the cancel option will be enabled again in ‘Transferred Tasks/Work Assignment’.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Vinu

@Vinu Peiris 

Since it cannot be canceled due to clocking you cannot cancel the work assignment in the traditional way but if you delete the clocking from the “Work Task Clocking” window the cancel option will be enabled again in ‘Transferred Tasks/Work Assignment’.

Thank you so much. It’s great to have a work-around for this! The idea of the work assignment not being able to be removed is - we’ll say uncomfortable. :)