Solved

Can we configure the pop-up information in the resource monitoring gantt?

• 27 June 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

All,

I managed to have the project allocation in the resource monitoring gantt. Now I see that there is limited information in the pop up on the project. Can we configure the information on this pop up?

Please not that this project allocation is only showing when the allocated hours is 100 % within the time interval. There is a case ‘CS0081053 ‘ created for this, hopefully also the project allocated hours less then 100% will be shown. 

See also topic for more information

icon

Best answer by janise 8 July 2022, 11:47

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi!

Background to not allowing to display project allocation that are less than 100%. Up until Apps9, we allowed to show allocations below 100% in the old Resource Allocation Gantt, but we get all too many performance cases reported where the source was project allocations. I.e., the Resource Monitoring Gantt is own by maintenance and are in the base done to display and allow re planning of allocations made on tasks (earlier operations), but besides that, 100% project allocations is display parallelly with 100% HR Allocations (type meetings, etc.) and 100% HR Training Allocations.

Okay, why not displaying less than 100% and why was this a performance killer: an example could be like this, let’s say you have 100 service technicians that in the base has an 8 am to 5pm HR schedule containing lunch and brakes. Besides this, the resources can be on absence some hours, minutes per day or more and less regular and, they can be allocated to trainings, meetings etc. This means every time you open and populate the Gantt, you need to calculate every resource availability for each day, and then calculate the availability with the Projects %allocation that easily can be 5% per day for a time span to up till a year, and then writing a thin, thin project allocation line at the beginning of the day for each day the Gantt is populated.

If you then calculating the requested resources * requested days in the request, there can be an amount of performance heavy calculations without that a user get any payback in the Monitoring Gantt.    

Conclusion: Via a support case in Apps9, we were needed to make a performance correction via re design of the base logic to only display project allocations above 100%. Via this correction, we decide to directly read the allocation start and allocation end and only write a bar between those dates. i.e., no calculations at all, only read and write asap there was a fix allocation above 100%.

Regards,

//Janne

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi!

Background to not allowing to display project allocation that are less than 100%. Up until Apps9, we allowed to show allocations below 100% in the old Resource Allocation Gantt, but we get all too many performance cases reported where the source was project allocations. I.e., the Resource Monitoring Gantt is own by maintenance and are in the base done to display and allow re planning of allocations made on tasks (earlier operations), but besides that, 100% project allocations is display parallelly with 100% HR Allocations (type meetings, etc.) and 100% HR Training Allocations.

Okay, why not displaying less than 100% and why was this a performance killer: an example could be like this, let’s say you have 100 service technicians that in the base has an 8 am to 5pm HR schedule containing lunch and brakes. Besides this, the resources can be on absence some hours, minutes per day or more and less regular and, they can be allocated to trainings, meetings etc. This means every time you open and populate the Gantt, you need to calculate every resource availability for each day, and then calculate the availability with the Projects %allocation that easily can be 5% per day for a time span to up till a year, and then writing a thin, thin project allocation line at the beginning of the day for each day the Gantt is populated.

If you then calculating the requested resources * requested days in the request, there can be an amount of performance heavy calculations without that a user get any payback in the Monitoring Gantt.    

Conclusion: Via a support case in Apps9, we were needed to make a performance correction via re design of the base logic to only display project allocations above 100%. Via this correction, we decide to directly read the allocation start and allocation end and only write a bar between those dates. i.e., no calculations at all, only read and write asap there was a fix allocation above 100%.

Regards,

//Janne

Thanks Janne, but I think this was a reply on another question (

)

Do you have an answer on the question of the configuration of the pop up as well?

Thanks

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi Robert!

We are not supporting configuration of what information should be visible in the monitoring Gantt’s Tooltip!

If you wish the possibility to configure what information should be visible, you need to create a request that our management can validate.

But: remember this is a Gantt made for maintenance and service allocations and based on that, we have newer shown more project information than it makes it traceable via project. 

Regards,

//Janne

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @janise ,

Thanks for the feedback.

How can I make a request?

I understand that the Gantt is used for maintenance allocations, but I am struggling to have an overview to have all allocations in one place and preferable in a Gantt. My customer does not have Shop Orders, so that is for now not an issue. I only want to see the Project Allocations, Work Order Allocations and HR absence in one overview. Only then we can fully use this functionality. 

With the Resource structure introduced in IFS10, I was hoping that this was also part of the full Resource Management solution within IFS. On resource can be allocated on multiple things, so I want to see also these in one overview. All the information is available, issue is how to show it all. I want to discuss with all of you about this topic. Please note that it is not my requirement to put everything in the resource monitoring Gantt, but my request is to have a visual insight of all allocation in one overview.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi Robert!

if everything works as before in times of change, then you should create an issue to GSO/Support, and they are creating the request to R&D. I tried to find if this has changed, but I can’t find another way for moment and I lack experience and knowledge of partners also have other avenues.

Sorry, but that the only answer I can give today, and PS, this is the reason to why I ask Thilini to support you with this on the other issue.

Have a nice summer and I’m back to office in mid august.

//Janne

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @janise ,

Thanks a lot and have good summer.

@Thilini Kumarasinghe,  Can we have a short meeting on this topic? I want to know what the idea behind the Resource Management is within RnD. I really like the resource structure how maintenance, projects and manufacturing is set in one place. Next step in my opinion is to have the resource demand and resource allocation also more aligned. Thanks in advance,

Robert Kool

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi Robert,

Yes, I’m ok with having a meeting with you, but kinldy note that confgurations are not handled by support team. For that, you will need to check with the consulting organization. However, if any information needed, let me know. I will definitely assist you if that is within the area of my knowledge.

Also, if you have any suggestions on aligning resource demand and allocation, you can send them via a support case, so that we can check it with RnD as well, regarding the feasibility of it and whether it can be supported in a future release.

Best Regards,

Thilini