Solved

Net Project Material and the Planning Method "Standard Planned"

• 22 May 2024
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

I want to be able to issue Standard Inventory to a Project Demand.  In several areas, there are references to a command referred to as Net Project Material.  Which is, as I understand and remember it, is a way to reserver standard inventory to a project.  

The About section on Project Inventory has the sentence:

Project-pegged demands can usually be configured to use either standard or project inventory.

We also have this in the Execute Project Miscellaneous Demand process description and it refers to the part being a standard planned item

A material or part can either be standard or project-specific. If the part is a standard planned item, the demand for it will be seen by standard MRP and order point calculations. The part can also be reserved or issued from standard inventory if there is quantity available.

I’m looking for some guidance on how to set this up and uses the system to Net the material from standard inventory to a project or to have the demand use standard inventory.

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Johan Lagerström 22 May 2024, 09:14

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @PIreland,

To use standard inventory on a project, set the Supply Option on the demand line in the Activity Materials and Services page to ‘MRP’. If you then use the Reserve/Issue options on the context menu, the items will be taken from standard inventory:

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Johan

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hello @Johan Lagerström 

Thank you.  When the option is MRP, it seems that it is not possible to reserve from Project Inventory, am I correct?  Also, regarding the “Standard Planned” item, I see that it can be set in PDM and I think it can be set on the Product Structure; is there anywhere else this is set?

Patrick

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @PIreland ,

Yes, that’s correct, to use the project inventory, you’d have to switch the Supply Option setting to ‘Project MRP’.

I’m not familiar with all the places the ‘Standard Planned Item’ flag is used, but there used to be a setting for this on the project demand in IFS Applications 9 and earlier (and there was no MRP supply option). This was changed in IFS Applications 10 as it caused some confusion with having both a supply option setting as well as the standard planned item where it was not obvious how these worked together, so the Standard Planned Item flag on the demand line was removed and replaced with the MRP supply option.

Kind regards,
Johan

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hello @Johan Lagerström 

In the days of Apps 9, we had a feature for Net Project Material. It resided at the root and, from what I recall, would net against standard inventory for the entire project. Remaining demands requiring new supplies for fulfillment would result.

I assume such functionality isn't available in the Cloud versions, necessitating users to manually flag rows in the Demands tab of Materials and Services and then select "reserve".

Am I correct in my understanding?

Regarding documentation updates, do you know whom to contact for suggesting revisions? Perhaps I should propose changes as an idea?

Best Regards,
Patrick

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @PIreland,

No, I don’t think you would have to manually reserve all material, the project netting groups functionality still exists as far as I’m aware (although this is not my area of expertise).

It sounds like you may be after something like MRP/Project MRP? There is some more info about this in the documentation here: IFS Cloud Documentation

Kind regards,
Johan

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

I’m sorry, I forgot to include a screenshot of what I was talking about.  This is from Apps 9 and I don’t see anything like it in Cloud.

I just don’t think we have it in Cloud but am hoping that I can get that confirmed.