Solved

GS1 Application Identifier

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hello, 

We are attempting to identify the correct application identifier for the Alt Handling Unit Label ID. I’ve looked through the LOV, and nothing clearly indicates what it is. Any help in identifying the correct GS1 Application Identifier would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Johan Lundström 3 August 2020, 10:49

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi,

Actually the Alt Handling Unit is not related to GS1 standard - it is a freetext field where any additional reference to the handling unit could be entered (like suppliers own HU reference). This information is given as help text in those places where the Alt Handling Unit ID is used, for example handling unit page - see below.

If one wants to use a GS1 reference for the handling unit ID one should use the SSCC field which can be generated for the handling unit according to SSCC basic data.

But then I guess your question could be more WADACO specific as the GS1 Application Identifier is part of the WADACO configuration setup. Perhaps Wadaco team can help out here? - I will try to move this topic to that category. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

As for anything connected to GS1 from IFS point of view especially for Wadaco , its very open for the user to set this up. You can choose any suitable AI code you can find or use the 90-99 (company internal) ones as long as it match the data type and max lengths for strings. And as Johan said before Alt Handling Unit is very open to use and don’t have any official GS1 AI code connected to it since it could be anything here.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hello Dario and Johan,

Is there any way to get information into the “Alt Handling Unit ID” field via the Wadaco process? We attempted to use the SSCC field for our need, but it requires the entered data to be 18 digits which presents an issue for us.

Thank you

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

To be more specific, we are looking to enter the Alt Handling Unit ID during the “Report_Picking_Part” Wadaco process. At this point in the process, the handling unit ID has already been created on a Shipment. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

If you mean by “get information into” set the Alt Handling Unit ID from wadaco, I guess from Create Handling Unit Process it possible, but from other processes its only used to search for a handling unit, not to set/update the value.

Or do you rather mean automatically fetch a value into field while running a wadaco process without manually entering it or scan it, yes I think that is possible in most processes if you have use automatic value set to Fixed for that data item (but then handling unit should already been identified somehow earlier in the configuration so this value can be fetched for it). 

But note that its a bit tricky since several Handling Units can have the same Alt Handling Unit ID so its not a unique ID in that way (like Handling Unit ID or SSCC are).

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Ok so its Report Picking Part,  that process have 2 different handling units, the reserved one and the one on the shipment, so if you have shipment_id and probably shp_handling_unit_id data items before SHP_ALT_HANDLING_UNIT_LABEL_ID in the configuration it should be able to pick up that value automatically.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

I apologize for being unclear. Thank you for providing that information. I see now that the SHP_ALT_HANDLING_UNIT_LABEL_ID field can only be searched via the “Report Picking Parts” Wadaco process. I was attempting to generate a new value for this field during that process.

In this scenario, a Handling Unit ID was generated using the “Create Handling Unit” Wadaco Process. During the “Report Picking Parts” Wadaco process, I am attempting to generate a new Alt Handling Unit Label ID for the Handling Unit that I am attaching the “Picked” parts too. As you can see in the below screenshots, the Alt Handling Unit Label ID has not been generated prior to the “Report Picking Parts” Wadaco process.

Basically, I am trying to find a field within the Shipment Handling Unit that I can generate a unique, alphanumeric value during the “Report Picking Parts” Wadaco process.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

From what I remember the only process in wadaco where you can set the Alt Handling Unit ID is the Create Handling Unit process.

For the rest of the processes its only used for searching/filtering.

In most processes its only our Internal Handling Unit ID that is actually used and sent to most API-methods like in picking for example, SSCC/Alt Handling Unit ID are only there as extra information.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Okay, thank you for all of the help!

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Thank you all very much for the clarification!