Solved

Why does Lot Batch Master Expiration Date not load immediately after Production Schedule Receipt

• 20 May 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Maybe better to ask, “how is Lot Batch Master” and the Expiration Date field within supposed to work?  How does Expiration Date load? 

I have shelf life setup for the item.  Looking at the view, raw data, I see Best_Before_Date does have a value, but Expiration_Date does not.

I am trying to understand how IFS works.  We need to use an expiration date for our product and thought Lot_Batch_Master was the way to go.

For what it is worth, Inventory Part in Stock record does have the Expiration_Date field loaded with proper shelf_life calculated date.

IFS version 9.17

icon

Best answer by Thushitha Chandrasiri 20 May 2021, 20:27

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @dioluke ,

The Expiration Date in the Lot Batch Master record does not get updated/calculated automatically. It has been made available for the user to manually update the Expiration Date for different lot batch numbers for the same part. But, when it is updated, al the inventory parts in stock records with the same lot batch number and part number combination, are also get updated with that same Expiration Date automatically.

As you have said, the functionality is there to automatically calculate the Expiration Date of the Inventory Parts in Stock records based on the Shelf Life defined in the Inventory Part record, but that functionality is not there within the Expiration Date in Lot Batch Master record. So, Expiration Date in those two places behave differently, and can also be different dates, because changing the Expiry date in Inventory Part in Stock record does not update the Lot Batch Mater expiration date with the same, even though it happens other way.

Thank you and Best Regards

Thushitha