Solved

Users don't receive notifications for tasks they assigned to themselves.

• 9 August 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4
  • Sidekick (Employee)
  • 9 replies

Dear Experts,

I'm requesting assistance in addressing an issue that our IFS Customer has brought to our attention.

Issue : 

Users don't receive notifications for tasks they assigned to themselves [Tasks related to a specific object Purchase Order, Customer Order, Shipment etc.]

* When creating and assigning the task to yourself, there is no notification that appears in the right corner of the screen. 

*  But when creating and assigning the task to another user notification will be sent to the user.

Customer Application and Version: IFS CLOUD 22R2SU5

With these observations in mind, I would appreciate your insights on the following queries:

1.  Is this behavior following accepted standard behavior ?
  2. Please advise of any practical ways that those initiating the task, even when self-assigning the task, could also receive notifications.

I am looking forward to receiving your invaluable comments and guidance on this matter.

Warmest regards,
Shafraz.

icon

Best answer by Shaaz 10 February 2024, 14:25

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

I’m also interested in the respons of this topic. Have you got any more information regardings this issue?

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

I’m also interested in the response of this topic. Have you got any more information regarding this issue?

Hello, @Josefin. We are still investigating this issue, and I will update this post whenever I have an answer or findings.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

I've brought up this question with our product development team, and they've confirmed that this behavior is intended and not a bug.