Question

Short-Term CRP Capability Analysis

• 30 June 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

Apps10 UPD11 Aurena. I have a manufacturing Routing for part ZZ with one operation running through Work Center AA. I have all the lead times calculated, and I have run MRP and CRP. In Machine Load per Work Center, I see that there are two days next week for Work Center AA where I have a favorable Load % of only 30% and I want to know how much supply for ZZ I can createwithout overloading the Work Center. Without creating a shop order requisition with a Due Date that would have the operation run on those two days and then running CRP to see Requisitioned Load, or creating a planned Shop Order with the same information to see Planned Load, what method is available for a Planner to determine how many of ZZ could be manufactured on those two days to keep the Work Center loaded? There is simulation capability for material analysis, but what am I forgetting about simulation for short-term capacity analysis?

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

In our product backlog we have an enhancement request to be able to view resource load when running Simulate Material Availability (i.e. extend this simulation to include also a load simulation and rename the page). But currently I agree with your suggested approach; i.e. create a SO req and run CRP or a shop order and see the effect on the load which of course is a bit cumbersome!