Solved

Sending part to our subcontractor on a shop order

• 16 March 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi everyone,

To let you know I’m using IFS APP 9.

We are trying to put a process on our shop order with a subcontractor.

This is the scenario :

We have a product X , with component A & B. ( I already set up the structure / routing )

The product X is made by our subcontractor from component A & B , so we have to send component  A & B. After he mixed component  A & B together he sends us the final product X.

We keep the stock in our site because we also sell component  individually to other customer.

We have a customer order for product X, which generate a shop order ( beacause we don’t have stock) telling us to prepare items A & B, eveything is correct until the shipping .

At any moment we can bring up what's product we send on the delivery note to our subcontractor, so when we get the delievry note after the “Ship WIP to supplier” there is only the operation related to the service "mixed A & B".

So how we can send our product to the subcontractor  after getting the items out from the shop order ?

If anyone know something about this situation,

Regards,

Nicolas.

icon

Best answer by Nicolas H. 17 March 2022, 08:45

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

If all work done to convert components A and B to product X is done by the subcontractor I think you’re better of using a regular purchase order with supplier material. I.e., Setup product X to be purchased instead of manufactured, and create a purchase structure/BOM that includes components A and B. Then you will have better shipping possibilities for A and B.

If you still want to use shop order with outside operations for this purpose it should be possible to include the information about components A and B being shipped to the subcontractor if those are linked to the outside operation and you select to Include Operation Material when printing the Delivery Note

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi Björn ,

My mistake i forgot to link in the component to the outside operations, that’s why i could’nt get the component in the delivery note. It’s working well thanks you.

I didn’t think about the structure purchase, it’s could be great because using the standand customer order process would allow  us to generate some document about shipping dangerous goods.

I’m gonna try your sugestion.

/Nicolas.

Sorry the Best Answer is  righe here :

If all work done to convert components A and B to product X is done by the subcontractor I think you’re better of using a regular purchase order with supplier material. I.e., Setup product X to be purchased instead of manufactured, and create a purchase structure/BOM that includes components A and B. Then you will have better shipping possibilities for A and B.

If you still want to use shop order with outside operations for this purpose it should be possible to include the information about components A and B being shipped to the subcontractor if those are linked to the outside operation and you select to Include Operation Material when printing the Delivery Note

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi @Björn Hultgren ,

I would like to re-open the topic, so as you said we decide to use a puchase structure and it works really well but the only problems we meet it’s when our subcontractor already have a component we would like him to use , can we told him with a purchase structure to we have to use the manufacturing order ?

Regards,

Nicolas.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi,

I think you have two options:

1. Change the “Consumption Item” to Not Consumed (will have to tick the Allow as Not Consumed in the Master Part).
  2. Up-rev the Purchase Structure to remove the part you don’t need to free issue.

Cheers,

Wade