Solved

Purchase Cost on Engineering Part Revision

• 4 September 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Anyone an idea why I don't see the following fields being filled with an amount?

I've purchased this engineering part revision (EPR) multiple times. Received and moved the inventory in stock. PO has status Closed, so according to me handled ok. EPR Provide code is Buy.

I didn't perform a transfer from the EPR to inventory part, so manually changed the revision on the inventory part to the active EPR revision id.

Also after this change, no change on the purchase amounts in the EPR.

I've done a couple of cost updates on the EPR. No results.

Thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by matt.watters 8 September 2022, 12:46

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

Which fields are missing the expected amounts? A screenshot would help. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Your right @matt.watters I had the idea I pushed a screenshot in. Here it is:

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

@eqbstal You will need to run this calculation to determine the Latest PP and the Average PP in your Site.

Primary Supplier - If this is selected, calculation is performed only for purchase parts connected to a primary supplier. If a purchase part(s) exists without a primary supplier checked in the supplier for purchase part record then the calculation is not performed for those parts.

After the calculations are run, you may(?) need to calculate part costs in cost sets 3 & 4 in your Site in order to retrieve them to the EPR.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

@matt.watters I had in my mind (my own logic mind) that an average would be calculated each time something is bought. So I thought was an ongoing process. Never had the idea to look for a menu option.

Thanks for the shared knowledge Matt.

Note: Refresh on the EPR didn't apply the average/last purchase price, but the command Part Revision Cost did. So, in my case, no need to do anything with the cost sets.