Solved

PM Calendar Generation stopped last year

• 3 August 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hello, 

I have noticed that my PM Calendar Generation has stopped in 2021. Prior to that, the Maintenance Plans were generating without issue. I have checked the Plan, which is set for 2023:

The PM Actions are setup with different intervals:

The Calendar itself is valid:

However, the system has stopped planning them:

I have noticed that if I RMB and select regenerate plan, it does work:

The scheduled database task is setup with the following parameters, which have not been changed since it was configured originally. 

I’m not sure what the issue could be at this point. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

icon

Best answer by cjohnson 3 August 2022, 14:15

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

UPDATE - I believe I misunderstood the Calendar Generation function. That would be to create Work Requests based on the Maintenance Plan, so when that ends, the requests would cease even though the Calendar Generation routine was still running. 

The issue appears to be the plan generation. I do not see where that routine can be run to continue to increase the maintenance plan. Is that a scheduled task that can be run or does it have to be run manually?

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hi @cjohnson ,

Please check whether the background jobs -Extend Plan for Calendar Generation are successfully executed.

When you perform extend/shorten plan, this operation will be performed as background jobs. The Active PM Actions will be grouped into blocks of 500 resulting several background jobs, while the Preliminary PM Actions will be grouped into a single background job. However, it is required to finish all the background jobs, in order to complete the extend/shorten maintenance plan operation.

Hope this will help you 😊

Thanks & Best Regards,

Nethmini