Question

Part Showing as Manufactured and Purchased for Same Site

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hello,

So I am running a query to select all parts from Part Master Data (Inventory_Part) based on site (contract), part number, and Part Type (Type_Code). 

When running this, I am seeing that we have a single part from the same site that contains both Manufactured, and Purchased part type. 

In IFS, this part number shows Type_Code as Manufactured.

We do have two sites, one that gets purchased parts, and one that contains manufactured parts.

But in this case, IFS is showing that this part for the particular site is Manufactured, but when I run a query, it is showing both Manufactured and Purchased in the Database. 

Do you know why? 

Thank you for the help! 

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @RELAPOROSHIN ,

Can you post your exact select statement or screenshot of you query?

Regards,

William Klotz

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

@william.klotz 

Here you go, thank you! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @RELAPOROSHIN ,

Try the query below it will only return the part assigned to whatever site you enter in place of your site..

You original query is returning all inventory parts RL-12363 across all sites.  Since one site is purchase parts and one manufactured you are getting two parts returned.

select part_no, contract, part_code from inventory_part where contract='your site' and part_no='RL-12363';

Regards,

William Klotz

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

@william.klotz

Here is the output from the query I ran.

Our FLA Site shows both Manufactured and Purchased for the same part number. In IFS, the part shows that it has been purchased/including its history. 

In worst case, what would be a view I can join to get the most recent Type_Code of the part? Any recommendations?  

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

@RELAPOROSHIN ,

I'll do some part setup in our test environment.  My understanding is an inventory part number must be unique within a site but can exist across sites.  

Regards,

William Klotz

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

@william.klotz

Correct, we want the unique Type_Code for the part, the most recent one.

In IFS, is there a view you recommend to join to get the most recent Type_Code for the part? Potentially Inventory Transaction History for the part?

Thank you for the help!