Question

Navigating with a group by function

• 1 October 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

I have created a Element List, with SUM SQLs as columns, is their a way i can navigate to the total for one site, when i try now i get a error message saying group by function not allowed, below is screen shot of my list element and data source. Thank you

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @Rpauley,

Can you please share the details of the lobby element designer?

Thanks!
Bhagya

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @Rpauley,

Based on the screenshots that you have provided noticed that you have used CONTRACT in the GROUP BY clause whereas the select query uses “site_api.get_description(CONTRACT)” method.

The column used in a Group By clause must be available in the select statement. You cannot select aggregates across a field if you don't include the field in the group by list. 

You can either include column CONTRACT into the select statement or use the “site_api.get_description(CONTRACT)” method itself in the Group By clause.

Kindly try out and let me know the results.

Thanks,

Anjaleen

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

You can use matrix element. There is show summary option. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Example:

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

@Bhagya Wickramasinghe , here is screen shot of lobby element designer

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

@Anjaleen Davidson i tried adding Contract and receive the same results getting a error message when i click on the QTY to bring that record up

@hhy38 i currently have the matrix for all of these i was trying to reduce the size of my lobby by combining them all into a list, everything works except for i cant navigate to the bad records