Solved

MRB Inventory Cases multiple nonconformance

• 22 April 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hello all, 

I am attempting to resolve an issue related to MRB cases for a single part. Currently, we have an MRB Inventory Location that material is moved to prior to the creation of an MRB Case. The issue I have is that in multiple instances, the same parts may require two MRB cases for nonconformance is. Below is an example of the process.:

100 parts moved to MRB location (PN 12345)

50 of the 100 are related to nonconformance - Feature Size

50 of the 100 are related to nonconformance - Surface Contamination 

Today, I can only create one MRB case for the entire 100. I must then make notes in the case to outline that there are actually two different reasons for containment of the parts. This also lead to labeling confusion as which parts have the specific nonconformance. 

Ideally, if you could simply create two MRB cases, one for each nonconformance, this would allow for correct labeling and management of the disposition for each group of 50 parts. The only workaround for this that I have found is to create multiple logical MRB inventory locations and moving the parts to them. However this solution does not scale well, as you’re not attempting to manage parts in two logical locations. 

I’m hoping there is an easier way to manage this that I am not aware of. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

icon

Best answer by ShawnBerk 22 April 2022, 17:15

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

In my experience, you need both multiple locations and you have to operate with the idea that MRB cases are always in a closed state so you can create new ones, even if they are in process.

Here is our warehouse setup and the use for each location.  We not only use separate locations but have MRB as a whole separate warehouse: