Solved

Lead Time setting for parallel-parts(both manufacture & purchase )

• 9 June 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9
  • Sidekick (Employee)
  • 50 replies

Hi, 
My customer have a parts that 20% from purchusing & 80% from manufacture .

purchusing lead time is 40 days.

manufacture lead time is 10 days.

While , for IFS ,

seems only 1 type lead time can be set: either purchusing lean-time or manufacture lead-time,

do we have any workwround for this?

esp for MRP Explosion,  if the parent parts demands is 100 pcs on 8/30.

for this parts, they want 

20 Pur Resq on 7/20   

80 Shop Resq  on 8/20

can this be accomplish by IFS?

icon

Best answer by Naveena Nanayakkara 9 June 2021, 16:49

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

To get a better understanding of your question, could you confirm that you have used the  Manufacturing/Acquired Split functionality ?  This would answer your question. However, would like more detailed input in case you have a different scenario.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Shou ,

As Praveen has explained above, you can split the supply between purchase requisitions and shop order/requisitions by defining the relevant split percentage between manufacturing and acquiring/purchasing.

If your concern is to define both purchase lead time and manufacturing lead time, I can see that Manufacturing lead time is greyed out when the part type is purchased, even though the manufacturing/aquire split is defined for the part. However, can you try manually updating the Expected Lead time field (since it can be defined) ?

Thanks,

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @Shou ,

Below steps can be taken to add Manufacturing/purchasing lead time values for the part .

1.Make sure the functionality Manufactured/Acquired is enabled under Inventory part>General>Planning tab with

1. Change the party type as”purchased’ to enter the purchasing lead time
  2. Enter the purchasing lead time

3. Change the part type to Manufactured to enter the Manufacturing lead time

4.  Enter the Manufacturing lead time

5. You can see both Manufacturing and purchasing lead time are updated. Hope this helps!

Regards,

Naveena

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Just to add on:

If the scenario is as below:

In a business case where the application is automatically handling a MFG/PUR split, it would be very helpful if there were two leadtimes used by the application. The MFG split portion should apply the manufacturing leadtime and the PUR portion of the split should apply the purchasing leadtime.  They expect the MFG lead-time to be much less than the PUR Leadtime because they could be purchasing components from overseas.

Currently there isn't a detailed functionality to have the same part reflecting both these time frames;

The given suggestions will have a insight for you to consider:

Expected lead time :

It would be either the Purchase or Manufacturing Lead time.

this value, if manually updated, should represent the total of the component’s supply lead times that are not in stock and/or any other delays in the actual acquisition process as perceived by the user.

The above work-around given by Naveena would also be feasible.

Regards,

Praveen Wijetunge

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@Praveen Wijetunge 

Thanks for your reply.

While, what I care is the MRP calcuation.

and during MRP calcuaton “Expected lead time” is ingored.

only “Purchase  Lead Time” and “Manufacturing Lead time” are used.

I just tried, Naveena ‘s solution is perfect meet the requirements.

eg:  LT setting :  Pur LT:  20 day ,  Maf LT:: 5 day   (Expected LT: 10 day)

if  parts required date is 12/30 , 

Pur Req:      latest order date:   12/10 

Shop Req:   start date:               12/25

This is what I want.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@Naveena Nanayakkara

Thank you!

this is exactly what I want .

I also performed the MRP explosion.

IFS do use

“Pur  LT” for Purchase Req (to calculate “latest order date”),

“Mfg LT” for Shop Order Req (to calculate “start date”)

(btw, “Expected LT” is ingored during MRP calculation. )

Thank you.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

In MRP, when system generates a shop order requisition it calculates the lead time like:

Fixed Lead Time per Day + Variable Lead Time per Day * Mrp Planned Supply

This lead time is used when setting the Start Date of the SO Req, an this date becomes the required date for next level in the BOM.

And Fixed Lead Time per Day and Variable Lead Time per day comes from the Routing Alternate for the part. And these values are calculated when user performs Manufacturing Lead Time Calculation. Please bear in mind that I think you have entered manufacturing operations for your make/buy parts!

And I am pretty sure that a “normally purchased part” with a manufacturing routing also will be calculated during Manufacturing Lead Time Calculation.

If in MRP the expression “Fixed Lead Time per Day + Variable Lead Time per Day * Mrp Planned Supply” becomes 0 then system uses the lead time from Inventory Part. And my feeling here is that is picking up the lead time based on the part type of the Inventory Part. 

I think it is good if you can define manufacturing routings for your parts. 

Summary: MRP tries no matter what to use lead times from Routing Alternate when calculating start dates.